In Episode #332, Eric and Neil discuss if you should document or create content. Tune in to learn the difference between documenting and creating a content and why your personality and lifestyle are key factors for deciding what’s best for you.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should You Document or Create Content?
- 00:38 – Instead of thinking about your new content, why not just document what you’re doing
- 00:47 – Logic is, when you document what you’re doing, people can pick up lessons from that
- 01:00 – Gary V and Casey Neistat are always vlogging and there is still so much information you can gain from them
- 01:12 – Gary V usually just walks around in his office and shows his daily life
- 01:31 – It will also depend on your personality type
- 01:49 – Neil describes himself as a creator, so he creates videos with new information
- 02:15 – Focus on what works for you
- 02:49 – Eric can do both, but he prefers to create videos and plan ahead of time
- 03:15 – Having a process is important
- 03:32 – Eric is currently creating a reality series where they go into people’s offices
- 03:55 – Eric is experimenting
- 04:00 – Don’t force yourself into something that you’re not naturally good at
- 04:08 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- When you document your daily routine, it’s amazing what people can learn from watching you.
- Do what works best for you and what you’re comfortable doing.
- You can always experiment with both documenting what you do and creating content to see what fits you and your lifestyle.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...