In episode #562, Eric and Neil discuss why you should probably not buy an expensive home. Tune in to hear on what you should actually be spending your money on.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should You Ever Buy a Multimillion Dollar Home?
- [00:34] The home Eric just sold was worth close to a million.
- [00:43] Neil has lived in some big homes.
- [00:55] Neil had an expensive condo on the Las Vegas Strip because the builder was selling them for less than their value.
- [01:20] Neil doesn’t think homes are valuable and a waste of money.
- [01:34] Neil’s friend has a two-bedroom condo and believes real estate is one of the worst investments.
- [01:52] You could make more money investing in Tech.
- [02:00] If you are interested in real estate, look up Grant Cardone, who has a funny YouTube channel all about it.
- [02:09] Eric’s mom is a real estate agent and she is always pushing him to buy a home.
- [02:31] Eric and Neil would rather invest in businesses and themselves.
- [03:19] All the homes Neil has ever purchased were for investments. He believes in staying in hotels and dumping money back into tech.
- [04:00] Instead of wasting money on a down payment, put it back into your business.
- [04:13] You are better off renting.
- [04:54] Warren Buffett talks about staying in your lane.
- [05:10] Eric and Neil focus on investing in what they are good at or that they understand.
- [05:38] If you choose to have a big home, use it to have dinners for entrepreneurs.
- [05:57] Dinners led to $200,000 in deals for Eric’s company.
- [06:15] Eric originally paid for dinners, but then found a way for his guests to pay for it.
- [06:23] He used Eventbrite and put a price on the ticket to dinner.
- [06:37] That’s all for today!
- [06:39] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing goodies giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...