In episode #850, we discuss whether link building is still relevant. Tune in to hear what you should focus on in 2019.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should You Focus on Link Building in 2019?
- [00:40] Spend time on it, but don’t let it be your primary focus.
- [01:15] Take an omni-channel approach to marketing.
- [01:35] Moz and Search Engine Land take up most of the listings. Bigger brands take up more space.
- [01:51] Focus on building your brand; the omni-channel approach is key to this.
- [02:45] You won’t succeed immediately.
- [02:55] Creating content and building a funnel will help you gain momentum.
- [03:15] It’s not a numbers game, it’s about quality.
- [04:00] Google doesn’t want to penalize everyone, they want to show the most relevant sites.
- [04:25] Try to do it right and use useful and relevant information.
- [04:45] Some of our podcast information is contradictory, because things have changed over the past year.
- [05:30] Once you have momentum, the site will continue to grow.
- [06:02] That’s it for today!
- [06:10] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1434, we talk about six brilliant founders and CEOs that we are studying in 2020! From Ray Dalio and Bill Gates to Phil Knight and Patrick Collison, we cover a bunch of people that show us...
In episode #1433, you’ll hear whether you should build an audience before launching your product or not! We talk about two main approaches today that you can take depending on whether you have an ex...
In episode #1432, we are going to be giving you seven game-changing tools for marketers on a budget. This great session covers Eric and Neil’s famous self-made tools for optimizing traffic and SEO, ...