In episode #755, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should give up on marketing campaigns that don’t work right away. Tune in to hear whether you should stay the course or drop dead weight.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should You Give Up On Marketing Campaigns That Don’t Work Initially
- [00:40] Singlegrain is trying to do what ClickFunnels has done in terms of bundling software with online courses.
- [01:00] Eric made an elaborate webinar and found that people really liked it.
- [01:17] However, no one bought immediately afterwards.
- [01:35] Eric was so disappointed, but he decided it would take more work to succeed pitching bundles.
- [02:04] The feedback he received let him know that he was downplaying his teaching skills too much.
- [02:15] So, sometimes you need to take a step back and re-jigger things and understand that everything takes time.
- [02:35] Don’t give up.
- [03:00] Marketing isn’t easy: you’re not going to get the results you want unless you put in a lot of work.
- [03:10] It could take a year before you start to gain traction.
- [03:40] Even though Neil gets 1 Million visits a month, he is still hungry for more.
- [04:02] If you are willing to roll with the punches, you will succeed.
- [04:15] Don’t’ just do the webinar, follow up with emails!
- [04:30] If a campaign stops working, don’t give up on it. Figure out what needs to be added (upsells, downsells) or updated (your landing page, etc.).
- [04:50] Never give up on things that work. Always attempt to fix it before giving up.
- [05:09] That’s all for today!
- [05:13] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...