In episode #979, we discuss whether it pays to give out freemium services. Tune in to hear whether you should offer freemium plans to your customers.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should You Go Freemium?
- [00:47] Freemium isn’t just SaaS, it works in so many different fields and categories.
- [01:04] Freemium is a service that is free with basic functions, but if you want more functionality, you need to pay.
- [01:43] Ora Brush is a free tongue cleaner, but they also sell other oral health accessories.
- [02:06] Some people will even give away free book chapters to encourage the purchase of the full book.
- [02:30] Hubspot’s CRM is free.
- [03:14] Profitwell is a services business that is free.
- [04:00] If you want 100 paying customers, you will need 2000 freemium users.
- [04:33] There is software for everything with competitors for each field.
- [04:55] It’s harder to convert and freemium will cost you money.
- [05:09] Freemium is a marketing channel.
- [05:55] Ubersuggest gets about 9700 visitors per day.
- [06:17] That’s it for today!
- [06:30] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2415, we discuss whether newsletters are good businesses. Newsletters can be a great way to build an audience, as well as something you can charge subscribers for, but are they the best us...
In episode #2414, we talk about whether you should build or buy when it comes to talent in your company. There are arguments to be made for both routes to growing your company and its teams, and here ...
In episode #2413, we discuss how to take accountability for your marketing screwups. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what kind of marketing genius you are, you will screw up at some point. ...