In episode #979, we discuss whether it pays to give out freemium services. Tune in to hear whether you should offer freemium plans to your customers.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should You Go Freemium?
- [00:47] Freemium isn’t just SaaS, it works in so many different fields and categories.
- [01:04] Freemium is a service that is free with basic functions, but if you want more functionality, you need to pay.
- [01:43] Ora Brush is a free tongue cleaner, but they also sell other oral health accessories.
- [02:06] Some people will even give away free book chapters to encourage the purchase of the full book.
- [02:30] Hubspot’s CRM is free.
- [03:14] Profitwell is a services business that is free.
- [04:00] If you want 100 paying customers, you will need 2000 freemium users.
- [04:33] There is software for everything with competitors for each field.
- [04:55] It’s harder to convert and freemium will cost you money.
- [05:09] Freemium is a marketing channel.
- [05:55] Ubersuggest gets about 9700 visitors per day.
- [06:17] That’s it for today!
- [06:30] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1174, we talk about how we handle our to-do lists and get our marketing things done! From prioritizing and cutting excess to methods and frameworks, we cover a ton of great ways to get thi...
In episode #1173, we talk about the trend that email newsletters and podcasting is currently moving towards. We are seeing more paid subscription services for content creators, whereby subscribers can...
In episode #1172, we discuss the best ways to do a blazing fast audit of a website! There are a ton of tools that make this process easy, cheap, and effective. Today we unpack which ones we use and wh...