In episode #979, we discuss whether it pays to give out freemium services. Tune in to hear whether you should offer freemium plans to your customers.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should You Go Freemium?
- [00:47] Freemium isn’t just SaaS, it works in so many different fields and categories.
- [01:04] Freemium is a service that is free with basic functions, but if you want more functionality, you need to pay.
- [01:43] Ora Brush is a free tongue cleaner, but they also sell other oral health accessories.
- [02:06] Some people will even give away free book chapters to encourage the purchase of the full book.
- [02:30] Hubspot’s CRM is free.
- [03:14] Profitwell is a services business that is free.
- [04:00] If you want 100 paying customers, you will need 2000 freemium users.
- [04:33] There is software for everything with competitors for each field.
- [04:55] It’s harder to convert and freemium will cost you money.
- [05:09] Freemium is a marketing channel.
- [05:55] Ubersuggest gets about 9700 visitors per day.
- [06:17] That’s it for today!
- [06:30] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...
Ravi Theja Yada explains why behavioral analytics is superior to traditional metrics when it comes to understanding your consumers at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...