In episode #1509, we ask if you should go to war with a larger company. Recently Apple and Android kicked Fortnite off their app stores because the popular game violated the rules by adding in-app payments and discounts. A lawsuit and more between Epic and Apple ensued and we wonder if this will benefit or harm Epic in the long run. Tune in to find out more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: If You Should Go to War with A Larger Company.
- [00:30] Fortnite went all out against Apple by adding in-app payments and discounts.
- [00:52] How Apple responded and how Epic was prepared for a fight with lawyers ready, etc.
- [01:43] Neil’s thoughts: Do what is best for your customers, even fight a large company.
- [01:57] How this lawsuit could be good PR for Epic, and they are big enough to possibly win.
- [03:12] The significance of the discount Fortnite users have been given.
- [03:49] That’s it for today!
- [03:50] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...