In Episode #102 Eric and Neil talk about whether or not you should do guest posting on other websites and blogs or just post on your own. Listen to learn the pros and cons for both options and why blogging now is much harder than it was before.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: Should you do guest posting or blog on your own property?
- 00:50 – If Eric is to pick one, he’ll pick writing on his own website
- 00:55 – Build on your own
- 01:09 – All great content should be your investment in your property
- 01:37 – Neil picks guest blogging
- 02:33 – The market changes
- 02:47 – Sites that get the highest quality of content tend to get most traffic
- 03:04 – Neil changed his blogging patterns on his website
- 03:24 – Blog thorough, in-depth content
- 04:44 – Guest blogging let’s you have quicker traction
- 05:16 – Choosing depends on where you sit
- 05:56 – Neil is cutting his guest posting in America
- 06:20 – Guest posting helps build your brand
- 06:36 – Shifting strategies
- 07:04 – Blogging is not as effective as it used to be
- 07:25 – Ahrefs’ in-depth study regarding guest posting
- 08:44 – Blogging is tough now
- 09:33 – Most people won’t go through the journey of posting content
- 11:01 – Blogging is just one way to go about growing
- 11:56– That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Blogging, either on your own site or another, has pros and cons.
- What are your goals? Iron those out before committing to a guest post.
- Keep your BEST content on YOUR digital properties.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2466, we broach the topic of using AI for doing outbound. The goal with outbound is to stand out and AI can help you do so. Tune in to discover how AI can be used to customize insights for...
In episode #2465, we investigate the software that can create AI-generated articles to “drive real traffic”. Namely, byword.ai. While AI SEO strategies might have short-term results, we don’t be...
In episode #2464, we explore the question of vanity metrics versus revenue. We look at a particular story of a creator reaching 100 million views on YouTube with only a $900 return. These stats beg th...