In Episode #102 Eric and Neil talk about whether or not you should do guest posting on other websites and blogs or just post on your own. Listen to learn the pros and cons for both options and why blogging now is much harder than it was before.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: Should you do guest posting or blog on your own property?
- 00:50 – If Eric is to pick one, he’ll pick writing on his own website
- 00:55 – Build on your own
- 01:09 – All great content should be your investment in your property
- 01:37 – Neil picks guest blogging
- 02:33 – The market changes
- 02:47 – Sites that get the highest quality of content tend to get most traffic
- 03:04 – Neil changed his blogging patterns on his website
- 03:24 – Blog thorough, in-depth content
- 04:44 – Guest blogging let’s you have quicker traction
- 05:16 – Choosing depends on where you sit
- 05:56 – Neil is cutting his guest posting in America
- 06:20 – Guest posting helps build your brand
- 06:36 – Shifting strategies
- 07:04 – Blogging is not as effective as it used to be
- 07:25 – Ahrefs’ in-depth study regarding guest posting
- 08:44 – Blogging is tough now
- 09:33 – Most people won’t go through the journey of posting content
- 11:01 – Blogging is just one way to go about growing
- 11:56– That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Blogging, either on your own site or another, has pros and cons.
- What are your goals? Iron those out before committing to a guest post.
- Keep your BEST content on YOUR digital properties.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2359, Neil and Eric share their insights on how to utilize the power of storytelling in marketing. Telling a good story is one of the best ways to capture people’s attention. Tune in as ...
In episode #2358, Neil and Eric explore which marketing jobs will be replaced by AI in 2023. We’ve seen a lot of advancements in AI over the past year, but what will its real-world impact be on mark...
In episode #2357, Neil and Eric break down how to fix your marketing funnel. There are plenty of useful tools that can help you identify where your marketing funnel needs to be improved. The trick is ...