In Episode #427, Eric and Neil discuss if should you hire an agency for link building. Tune in to learn if it’s worth it to hire a great agency to do link building for you OR if you’re better off doing it in-house.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should You Hire an Agency for Link Building?
- 00:33 – Neil ran an agency with link building in the past and Eric’s agency is currently handling link building
- 00:48 – Most people don’t have proper connections and use templates that don’t work
- 01:01 – “Links are a very dangerous thing”
- 01:12 – Link building is the same as doing outreach when it comes to sales
- 01:50 – Pitchbox is an SEO outreach tool; if you’re using it, it’s better to hire an agency
- 02:20 – If you’re looking for good links, find the right agency
- 02:24 – Ask for samples first to see if the links are good
- 02:32 – If you want to do it in-house, hire someone who knows the processes well
- 02:40 – If you decide to go with an agency, make sure that you’re not charged per link
- 02:53 – Make sure you’re paying a reasonable price
- 03:11 – Track reports regarding your link building
- 03:40 – Marketing School is giving away a 90-day free trial to Crazy Egg, which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:52 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to learn more about your FREE trial
- 03:58 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Link building isn’t easy and will hurt your ranking if it’s not done right.
- Before committing to an agency, ask for samples of links to check if they are providing great links.
- If you’re going to do link building in-house, choose someone who knows the processes by heart.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...