In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes down to making the right business decision for your company, not your relationship with any one individual. Tuning in today, you’ll learn the importance of setting expectations upfront, what is at risk if hiring a friend or family member doesn’t work out, and why transparency is key, plus so much more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Should You Hire Friends or Family?
- [00:24] Why setting expectations upfront is key.
- [00:39] How to focus on who is the best fit for the job, not your personal relationships.
- [01:56] Examples that illustrate the importance of defining your outcomes.
- [03:08] What is at risk if hiring a friend or family member doesn’t work out.
- [03:28] Why we don’t suggest hiring family unless you have a big organization.
- [04:00] The importance of transparency.
- [04:15] That’s it for today! Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe!
- [04:19] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2631, We discuss the unconventional success of YouTuber Sam Sulek, who gained 2.31 million subscribers in just one year. Despite defying conventional wisdom, Sulek's daily, long-form worko...
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...