In Episode #451, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should hire senior marketers or junior marketers. Tune in to learn the benefits of each and also why Eric leans on the side of hiring junior marketers. Experienced marketer or not, Eric and Neil discuss why hiring someone who aligns with your core values is non-negotiable.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should You Hire Senior Marketers or Junior Marketers?
- 00:36 – Bottom line: it depends on the current status of your company
- 01:00 – If you’re starting out, a junior marketer is much more reasonable to have; you can groom them the way you need and want to
- 01:40 – Neil hires junior marketers because they’re young, they’re willing to learn and they’re more aggressive
- 02:04 – Some senior marketers tend to be lazy in execution
- 02:23 – Get people that tie-in with your core values
- 02:27 – Eric looks for people who are growth-oriented and hungry for achievement
- 03:01 – There are people who can stay with your company for a long time
- 03:40 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:53 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 03:58 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- If your company is just starting, it’s much more practical to hire junior marketers.
- Make sure you hire marketers who share your core values.
- Marketers should be hungry for achievement, growth-oriented, and able to execute well.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2566, we turn our attention to a groundbreaking phenomenon: how YouTube creator Deestroying is challenging traditional football norms. In this episode, we dissect the strategies and innova...
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...