In Episode #451, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should hire senior marketers or junior marketers. Tune in to learn the benefits of each and also why Eric leans on the side of hiring junior marketers. Experienced marketer or not, Eric and Neil discuss why hiring someone who aligns with your core values is non-negotiable.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should You Hire Senior Marketers or Junior Marketers?
- 00:36 – Bottom line: it depends on the current status of your company
- 01:00 – If you’re starting out, a junior marketer is much more reasonable to have; you can groom them the way you need and want to
- 01:40 – Neil hires junior marketers because they’re young, they’re willing to learn and they’re more aggressive
- 02:04 – Some senior marketers tend to be lazy in execution
- 02:23 – Get people that tie-in with your core values
- 02:27 – Eric looks for people who are growth-oriented and hungry for achievement
- 03:01 – There are people who can stay with your company for a long time
- 03:40 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:53 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 03:58 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- If your company is just starting, it’s much more practical to hire junior marketers.
- Make sure you hire marketers who share your core values.
- Marketers should be hungry for achievement, growth-oriented, and able to execute well.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....