In Episode #388, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should invest your time in Snapchat or in Instagram stories. Tune in to learn which social media site should take more of your time, energy and focus. Also, learn from the best as Eric and Neil explain just why Gary Vaynerchuk is winning the social media game.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should You Invest Your Time in Snapchat Or Instagram Stories?
- 00:35 – For Eric, you should invest more in Instagram stories than in Snapchat
- 00:44 – Less and less stories are popping out on Snapchat while Instagram is consistently growing
- 01:22 – Neil agrees with Eric that you’re wasting time and energy on Snapchat, because it is dying
- 01:36 – Instagram is a great place to engage with your audience and get more sales
- 01:38 – VaynerMedia by Gary Vaynerchuk is doing well on social media
- 01:50 – VaynerMedia has over $100M in annual revenue
- 02:00 – Gary is into pushing businesses to using social media
- 02:18 – Gary V’s Instagram stories are funny and engaging
- 02:33 – Growth Everywhere posts Marketing School’s episodes as stories on Instagram
- 02:53 – You can repurpose your Instagram stories to use it on Snapchat, too
- 03:00 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool which lets you do changes on your sites easier
- 03:45 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 03:57 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Snapchat is dying—focus your time and energy on Instagram stories.
- More and more people are engaging with Instagram stories today, so now is the time to take advantage of it.
- Gary Vaynerchuk creates his stories to be unique, engaging and funny—do the same in order to stand out.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...