In episode #1052, we discuss whether you should put ads on your site. Tune in to hear what we think about this tactic.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should You Put Ads On Your Site?
- [00:35] We’ve talked about this in the past.
- [00:41] Neil doesn’t like putting ads on his site, because when he buys ads, he tends to not make the money that the advertiser is making.
- [01:30] If you don’t have a product or service, leverage ads, and promote someone else’s service.
- [01:45] Eric thinks it’s lazy to put ads on your site.
- [02:25] Between affiliate income, ad income, and product sales, the ad income is always the lowest.
- [03:00] Sometimes, you can’t even control which ads are placed on your site.
- [03:22] That’s it for today!
- [03:32] We are almost at capacity for our live event, so register while you still can: Check out Single Grain for more info.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1174, we talk about how we handle our to-do lists and get our marketing things done! From prioritizing and cutting excess to methods and frameworks, we cover a ton of great ways to get thi...
In episode #1173, we talk about the trend that email newsletters and podcasting is currently moving towards. We are seeing more paid subscription services for content creators, whereby subscribers can...
In episode #1172, we discuss the best ways to do a blazing fast audit of a website! There are a ton of tools that make this process easy, cheap, and effective. Today we unpack which ones we use and wh...