In episode #1052, we discuss whether you should put ads on your site. Tune in to hear what we think about this tactic.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should You Put Ads On Your Site?
- [00:35] We’ve talked about this in the past.
- [00:41] Neil doesn’t like putting ads on his site, because when he buys ads, he tends to not make the money that the advertiser is making.
- [01:30] If you don’t have a product or service, leverage ads, and promote someone else’s service.
- [01:45] Eric thinks it’s lazy to put ads on your site.
- [02:25] Between affiliate income, ad income, and product sales, the ad income is always the lowest.
- [03:00] Sometimes, you can’t even control which ads are placed on your site.
- [03:22] That’s it for today!
- [03:32] We are almost at capacity for our live event, so register while you still can: Check out Single Grain for more info.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...
In episode #2405, Eric and Neil talk about how to get maximum ROI from conferences. After recently returning from the Affiliate World Dubai conference, they chose a few of the key learnings from their...
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...