In episode #2336, Neil and Eric discuss whether or not you should raise your prices during a recession. A decline in digital ad spend and overall investment in digital has been reported lately, and use the last real global recession as a point of reference. You’ll also hear an example of a recession-proof strategy along with our predictions for the changing financial climate. Tune in today to hear all this and more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: whether you should raise your prices during a recession.
- [00:30] The consensus among economists today regarding the possibility of an upcoming recession.
- [01:06] The decline in digital ad spend and digital overall.
- [01:28] The last real recession we had in 2008.
- [01:58] Why you shouldn’t increase your prices during this time unless you have to.
- [02:10] Why you should try to keep your pricing consistent or reduce it if you can afford to.
- [02:17] An example of how focusing on pay for performance is effective in a recession.
- [03:36] An invitation to join us in Miami for Leveling Up Founders.
- [03:52] That’s it for today! Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe!
- [03:59] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...