In Episode #447, Eric and Neil discuss whether or not you should rely on Google Search Console data. Tune in to learn the difference between Google Search Console’s data to Google Analytics’ data and why it’s important to cross-reference what you see with other tools.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should You Rely on Google Search Console Data?
- 00:38 – Neil does not see Google Analytics’ data matching that of Google Search Console’s
- 00:48 – Google Analytics removes bot traffic while Google Search Console picks up more bot traffic
- 01:05 – Google Search Console doesn’t update their information as often
- 01:23 – Google Search Console is still helpful
- 01:50 – Make sure to still cross-reference with other tools
- 02:30 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 02:33 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 02:43 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Google Search Console’s data won’t always match that of Google Analytics’.
- Google Search Console is usually a week behind in updating information.
- Don’t rely on Google Search Console alone, cross-reference with other tools.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...