In Episode #447, Eric and Neil discuss whether or not you should rely on Google Search Console data. Tune in to learn the difference between Google Search Console’s data to Google Analytics’ data and why it’s important to cross-reference what you see with other tools.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should You Rely on Google Search Console Data?
- 00:38 – Neil does not see Google Analytics’ data matching that of Google Search Console’s
- 00:48 – Google Analytics removes bot traffic while Google Search Console picks up more bot traffic
- 01:05 – Google Search Console doesn’t update their information as often
- 01:23 – Google Search Console is still helpful
- 01:50 – Make sure to still cross-reference with other tools
- 02:30 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 02:33 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 02:43 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Google Search Console’s data won’t always match that of Google Analytics’.
- Google Search Console is usually a week behind in updating information.
- Don’t rely on Google Search Console alone, cross-reference with other tools.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1546, we talk about the underutilized link between email marketing and SEO. Eric and Neil share how leveraging this untapped strategy has helped them grow in leaps and bounds and they shar...
In episode #1545, you will learn more about webinars and some ways to make them more engaging. Even in 2020, webinars are still a great way to drive sales, so it is super important that you make sure ...
In episode #1544, we discuss the value of building a defensible moat around your income. People like Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger like to invest in businesses with a moat for a good reason – th...