In Episode #111 Eric and Neil help you decide whether you should or should not repurpose your content to bring to followers in. Listen to learn what the advantages and disadvantages are, and the truth about Google’s penalties for replicated content.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should you repurpose your content?
- 00:39 – Maximize your investment by repurposing
- 01:04 – Posting on multiple platforms is repurposing
- 01:15 – Repurposing helps you get eyes in other areas
- 01:37 – Not all form of content should be text based
- 01:42 – Misconception on Google for duplicate content
- 02:11 – Make sure to link back to the original source
- 03:29 – Splinter out posts and create more content
- 03:52 – Google content repurposing workflow
- 04:30 – Think about the monetization aspect of your business
- 05:20 – Medium and Quora rewrites certain answers
- 05:52 – Using Rev to transcribe podcast episodes
- 06:02 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Repurposing content doesn’t mean you post the same thing word for word.
- Google does NOT penalize duplicate content.
- Repurpose your content to maximize your investment.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2631, We discuss the unconventional success of YouTuber Sam Sulek, who gained 2.31 million subscribers in just one year. Despite defying conventional wisdom, Sulek's daily, long-form worko...
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...