In episode #1016, we hear John Lee Dumas’ rebuttal to our previous episode about why you shouldn’t reveal your income. Tune in to hear why he thinks income reports are vital!
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: John Lee Dumas’ Rebuttal on Why You Shouldn’t Reveal Your Income
- [01:20] I’m here to rebut the idea of not sharing your income.
- [02:00] I publish income reports because in 2011, I was trying to figure out my business plan.
- [02:25] I pored over income reports to get a sense of how someone else made real money.
- [02:45] In 2013, when I started making real revenue, I started publishing income reports to give people a guide map.
- [04:05] We are a small, lean profit-generating machine and these reports help us stay that way, because they give us insight into our own business.
- [04:30] Transparency is key.
- [05:15] I know our reports help others improve their businesses.
- [05:41] There are round-up posts were blogs and publishers point out the top income reports.
- [07:15] Eric and Neil are worried about people copying business ideas. I am not.
- [07:40] It can increase competition, but I welcome it.
- [07:55] They said you can open yourself up to litigation, but I have a good legal team, so I’m not worried.
- [09:15] That’s it for today!
- [09:23] Go check out John’s Podcast Entrepreneur on Fire.
- [09:31] Don’t forget to check out Single Grain for more info about our free live event in June.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1296, we talk about how to drive more paid sign-ups in your sale funnel. Funnels are the all-important part of your sales system and you need to optimize yours in order to get maximum cust...
In episode #1295, we run through our list of highly recommended tools to help you get your brand and message out there. From email service providers to the best text message tools on the market, we sh...
In episode #1294, we give you the inside scoop on Neil’s course funnel so that you can apply it to your business. Using an email to drive your audience to a webinar and following up with a week-long...