Should You Self-Publish Your Book or Go Traditional?
In episode #1679, we weigh up the pros and cons between traditional and self-publishing. If you are trying to gain credibility as a thought leader in your field, one of the best ways to do this is by writing a book. Neils shares his experiences having gone the traditional route and Eric speaks about why he has chosen a hybrid strategy for his new book. Tune in today!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Should You Self-Publish Your Book or Go Traditional?
- [00:30] The differences and pros and cons between traditional and self-publishing.
- [01:46] Why traditional publishers can be annoying.
- [02:25] Traditional publishers help you publicize your book.
- [03:03] Limitations to the freedom of the author who publishes traditionally.
- [03:38] How Eric is getting the best of both worlds using hybrid publishing.
- [04:40] That’s it for today!
- [04:44] Go to marketingschool.io/pro to learn more about our community.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...