Should You Self-Publish Your Book or Go Traditional?
In episode #1679, we weigh up the pros and cons between traditional and self-publishing. If you are trying to gain credibility as a thought leader in your field, one of the best ways to do this is by writing a book. Neils shares his experiences having gone the traditional route and Eric speaks about why he has chosen a hybrid strategy for his new book. Tune in today!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Should You Self-Publish Your Book or Go Traditional?
- [00:30] The differences and pros and cons between traditional and self-publishing.
- [01:46] Why traditional publishers can be annoying.
- [02:25] Traditional publishers help you publicize your book.
- [03:03] Limitations to the freedom of the author who publishes traditionally.
- [03:38] How Eric is getting the best of both worlds using hybrid publishing.
- [04:40] That’s it for today!
- [04:44] Go to marketingschool.io/pro to learn more about our community.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2563, we are exploring how podcasts expand drastically. Tuning in, you’ll hear about how many people listen to podcasts every week in the US, creators who have successful podcasts, why t...
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...