In episode #1086, we bring you another portion of the Q & A from our Marketing School Live event in June.
Tune in to hear us discuss the use and creation of Mastermind groups.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:54] Today’s Topic: Marketing School Live Q & A Part II
- [01:50] What are good tips for putting together a Mastermind group?
- [02:10] What is your motivation for putting together a group in the first place?
- [03:15] Eric’s group meets every six months.
- [03:30] Before that, he had monthly dinners, but he didn’t curate the attendees as well as he should have.
- [03:54] Look at this template for Mastermind groups: Mastermind Talks.
- [04:25] You want to facilitate a bond between members.
- [04:55] You can always join a Mastermind, but creating your own can prove useful if you have your own business thesis.
- [05:25] Try to create a group where you surround yourself with people you would want to see all the time.
- [05:58] Neil found this was better, because meetings weren’t as conducive as frequent check-in’s were.
- [06:40] Hanging out with like-minded people will help you achieve your goals.
- [07:45] A lot of Neil’s friends aren’t in his industry, but they are similarly driven.
- [08:40] That’s it for today!
- [08:55] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...