In episode #1770, we explore whether having a newsletter is still a valuable tool in the marketing toolkit. We have been hearing a lot of complaints these days about newsletters performing badly and for this reason, it might seem like they are dead as a technique. We think differently however and in today’s episode, you’ll learn how to up the performance of your newsletter. People will never get tired of information as long as it is high-quality!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Should You Still Have A Newsletter?
- [00:42] Email open and click-through rates are down.
- [00:53] Why we still think you should have a newsletter.
- [01:24] The issue isn’t newsletters, but that people don’t scrub their lists.
- [02:13] Building a list for the long-term by creating good information.
- [02:25] The creator economy and why newsletters are here to stay.
- [04:06] Go to marketingschool.io/live to hang out with Neil and Eric in September.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...