In episode #1770, we explore whether having a newsletter is still a valuable tool in the marketing toolkit. We have been hearing a lot of complaints these days about newsletters performing badly and for this reason, it might seem like they are dead as a technique. We think differently however and in today’s episode, you’ll learn how to up the performance of your newsletter. People will never get tired of information as long as it is high-quality!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Should You Still Have A Newsletter?
- [00:42] Email open and click-through rates are down.
- [00:53] Why we still think you should have a newsletter.
- [01:24] The issue isn’t newsletters, but that people don’t scrub their lists.
- [02:13] Building a list for the long-term by creating good information.
- [02:25] The creator economy and why newsletters are here to stay.
- [04:06] Go to marketingschool.io/live to hang out with Neil and Eric in September.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1814, Neil and Eric talk about their experiences with YouTube and share the ways they could improve and grow. Eric’s main point is around doubling down on one topic while Neil feels he c...
In episode #1813, we talk about our strategies for making the most out of conferences. While the content from conferences themselves is valuable, the networking and business opportunities they bring t...
In episode #1812, Neil and Eric talk about why most people don’t finish courses. Trying to get someone to be engaged during an online course is not easy, which is why you have to go the extra mile t...