In Episode #353, Eric and Neil discuss whether or not you should use a pop-up. Tune in to hear Eric and Neil’s experience with pop-ups, why they still work, and how you can recoup your spending by using this tool.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should You Use Pop-ups?
- 00:55 – Whether people like or hate pop-ups, they still use them because they work
- 01:04 – You should use pop-ups
- 01:13 – Use pop-ups when your visitor is about to leave your website
- 01:23 – Eric read a study that assessed whether a visitor left the website after seeing a pop-up
- 01:42 – The metrics stayed the same
- 01:56 – People still convert at the end of the day
- 02:16 – Hello Bar can be used for pop-ups
- 02:35 – You can recoup your spending through pop-ups
- 03:04 – There’s nothing wrong with pop-ups
- 03:10 – When your pop-up is great and people get value from it, they won’t hate you
- 03:27 – As Mark Cuban says “when you try to please everyone, you please no one”
- 03:30 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Pop-ups are still used today, because they WORK.
- Use pop-ups not when the visitor enters your website, but when they’re about to leave.
- Make sure your pop-up adds value to your customers and everyone walks away happy.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...