In Episode #353, Eric and Neil discuss whether or not you should use a pop-up. Tune in to hear Eric and Neil’s experience with pop-ups, why they still work, and how you can recoup your spending by using this tool.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should You Use Pop-ups?
- 00:55 – Whether people like or hate pop-ups, they still use them because they work
- 01:04 – You should use pop-ups
- 01:13 – Use pop-ups when your visitor is about to leave your website
- 01:23 – Eric read a study that assessed whether a visitor left the website after seeing a pop-up
- 01:42 – The metrics stayed the same
- 01:56 – People still convert at the end of the day
- 02:16 – Hello Bar can be used for pop-ups
- 02:35 – You can recoup your spending through pop-ups
- 03:04 – There’s nothing wrong with pop-ups
- 03:10 – When your pop-up is great and people get value from it, they won’t hate you
- 03:27 – As Mark Cuban says “when you try to please everyone, you please no one”
- 03:30 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Pop-ups are still used today, because they WORK.
- Use pop-ups not when the visitor enters your website, but when they’re about to leave.
- Make sure your pop-up adds value to your customers and everyone walks away happy.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2631, We discuss the unconventional success of YouTuber Sam Sulek, who gained 2.31 million subscribers in just one year. Despite defying conventional wisdom, Sulek's daily, long-form worko...
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...