In episode #519, Eric and Neil give a few tips that they wish they had known when they were first starting out. Tune in to hear important tips that will help you succeed at content marketing.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Simple Marketing Tips that We Would Give Our Younger Selves
- [00:34] Happy New Year! Welcome to 2018!
- [00:44] Tip #1: Build a brand.
- [01:08] One of the biggest thing Neil learned, is that you must always build your brand. Tactics are not as important as branding.
- [01:37] Whether you like a brand or not, the bigger it is, the more successful it is.
- [01:53] This doesn’t mean you can’t be a micro-influencer. Unity Influence compiles micro-influencers.
- [02:20] The first site Eric created was called “Light Show Videos” and he was obsessed with rankings, but when he tried to sell his site, he only got a $50 offer.
- [02:49] He would look at Black Hat Forums and Wicked Fire to learn all of the tactics that he thought would help him build his site.
- [03:05] To play the long game, you must build a brand.
- [03:33] It’s about long-term reach and flipping it into other opportunities.
- [03:51] Tip #2: It takes time, but you should always play the long game.
- [04:09] When speaking with a mentor, the ex-President of JBL, even he said it takes time to build a brand.
- [05:00] Tip #3: If you are a consumer-based marketer, stick with that. If you are a B2B type of person, stick with that and don’t switch back and forth.
- [05:41] Neil has a loyal following right now, so it would probably serve his audience to build upon his current brand.
- [06:10] Stay within your “circle of understanding” and build upon that.
- [06:35] An episode of “The Profit” covered the story of a Hollywood star who tried to start a brick-and-mortar store. Because it was beyond her skill set, it is not succeeding.
- [07:16] That’s it for today!
- [07:17] For our daily giveaway, go to singlegrain.com/giveaway for a special treat.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2473, we talk about where consumer confidence sits right now. The global economy has had to adapt to some pretty major events over the past three years, from a worldwide pandemic to the wa...
In episode #2472, we talk about how to truly scale AI in your organization! It feels like everyone is racing to implement AI, but is this the best strategy for business owners? Tune in to hear how we ...
In episode #2471, we’re looking at the format dominating 92.7% of Facebook posts! We’re referring, of course, to reels. Short-form content has proven to be effective across all platforms and seems...