In Episode #286, Eric and Neil discuss the simple methods for creating fast and effective webinar content. Tune in to learn how Eric and Neil produce their solo webinars successfully and the tools that help them execute those webinars efficiently.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Simple Methods for Creating Fast and Effective Webinar Content
- 00:42 – Neil recently had his Virtual Summit
- 00:47 – Thousands of people registered
- 00:50 – Neil educated people about SEO
- 00:53 – It is a bit different from a webinar
- 01:00 – If you want to create effective webinar content, it should be about educating rather than selling
- 01:30 – Since Eric has a lot of podcasts at the moment, he repurposed some of his old webinars and made them valuable for the audience
- 01:54 – You can look at your past blog posts and webinars and check which ones are still valuable
- 02:11 – “You don’t want to create s**t content and you don’t want to create a webinar that no one wants to attend”
- 02:16 – Go to Slideshare and type keywords within your space
- 02:24 – You can see everything from views to comments, and you can see what is currently trending
- 02:35 – Neil creates presentations using Keynote or Powerpoint and saves them as PDFs
- 03:00 – Others are also saving their webinars on YouTube
- 03:04 – Russell Brunson has a perfect webinar script
- 03:20 – They’re really good templates to follow
- 03:28 – Make sure you can figure out your own way of doing webinars if you want to create a solo webinar
- 03:56 – Neil learned that everyone who makes webinars have their own formula
- 04:01 – “You got to figure out what works for you and your audience”
- 04:04 – You know your audience better than anyone else
- 04:22 – DO what you feel resonates well with your audience
- 04:30 – When Eric first started doing webinars, he used Russell Brunson’s approach and it didn’t work out for him
- 04:54 – Educating works really well for Eric
- 05:01 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year annual subscription to Mixmax, a sales and marketing tool
- 05:18 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 05:21 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 05:43 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Effective and valuable webinar content includes EDUCATING your audience—don’t just focus on selling your product to your audience.
- Plan your webinar according to your audience’s preferences.
- Create your own webinar formula—one size does not fit all.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2572, we explore the ins and outs of virtual summits and investigate whether they are still relevant today. Virtual Summits can be a great way to build community, foster connection, and ge...
In episode #2571, we delve into a recent Harvard case study that looks at how humans using AI can outperform humans who aren’t using AI — by a large margin! With so many changes and advancements t...
In episode #2570, we unpack X’s partnership with Google to sell programmatic ads. There have been a lot of changes at X, formerly known as Twitter, from their controversial name change to their newl...