In episode #638, Eric and Neil discuss why the small things can make a big difference. Tune in to hear how many different facets go into creating a successful business.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Small Things Make The Biggest Difference
- [00:36] At a past job, Eric took the footer links on the homepage and added more that said “Learn Web Design” and “Learn Web Development”. These small changes helped to improve the domain authority.
- [01:23] The Dropbox referral program isn’t what made their company, even though it helped.
- [01:35] Their explainer video was also a small thing that helped make a difference without making the only difference.
- [02:00] Dropbox offered a lot of little things to help create the powerhouse they are today.
- [02:15] It’s never just one thing, but rather a lot of little things that make up a successful company.
- [02:45] It’s like a video game: you are constantly leveling up.
- [03:38] Think about building things up, but remember not to do it in isolation.
- [04:00] Figure out how you can do one small marketing thing each and every week.
- [04:05] Even though you won’t’ necessarily see the results every week, it will pay off in the near future.
- [04:20] When Eric started at Single Grain, the web traffic was 4000/month. Now, it is 100,000+/month.
- [04:30] This improvement was made over the course of four years.
- [04:41] Never expect immediate results.
- [05:16] Eric remembers grinding away until he got results.
- [05:44] It’s all about the journey!
- [06:06] For the first year that Eric was podcasting Growth Everywhere, he would spend six hours putting together all the facets of creating and uploading an episode.
- [06:17] He only got 9 downloads per day, but kept grinding away until he got more listeners.
- [06:30] Now, they get 80,000 listeners.
- [06:44] There was no one thing that made the podcast big, it was a combination of factors.
- [06:48] That’s all for today!
- [06:49] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...