In episode #575, Eric and Neil discuss the secret that Google doesn’t want you to know. Tune in to hear how branding and industry niches play a part.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Something Google Doesn’t Want You to Know
- [00:36] Google is emphasizing brands right now.
- [00:52] The most popular brands within a niche will be the top results.
- [01:20] If you focus on building a brand, you will do better in the long run.
- [01:41] Neil noticed that by leveraging branding, his ranking skyrocketed.
- [02:00] He took a lot of the currently popular models and had them hold up signs that said, “Who is Neil Patel?”
- [02:09] This caused people to increase searches for Neil.
- [02:23] He ranked high for online marketing after that.
- [02:55] Warren Buffett talks about building a moat (something to protect your business).
- [03:21] The new moat is building a brand.
- [04:22] By dominating the brand within your niche, you are guaranteed to do well.
- [05:03] By leveraging marketing channels with your brand, it will lead to success, but it will take a while to build.
- [05:24] It took 2-2.5 years for Eric to build his brand.
- [06:02] You can’t sell a personal brand, but you can sell a corporate brand with ease.
- [06:27] When you have a brand, you have more options available in terms of marketing.
- [06:45] A lot agency owners try to drag each other down, because it is so competitive.
- [07:04] Your brand opens you up to greater opportunities.
- [07:10] Listen to past episodes on how to build a brand.
- [07:23] That’s all for today!
- [07:27] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...