In episode #1306, we discuss Spotify’s acquisition of The Ringer. The podcasting industry is growing exponentially and Spotify wanted to make an aggressive move toward growing its market share. Tune in to hear why this was a super smart decision on their part!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How Spotify Acquired The Ringer.
- [00:42] The solid financial results for Spotify in Q4 of 2019.
- [00:56] How Spotify recognized exponential growth in podcast hours streamed.
- [01:24] Realizing that they needed to acquire a big podcast to double down on opportunities.
- [01:53] The impressive retention rates of the Marketing School podcast.
- [02:09] Why Spotify’s decision makes a lot of sense.
- [02:39] Keep in mind that all good channels eventually become crowded.
- [03:09] Spotify’s market share around podcasting and how they’re more aggressive than Apple.
- [03:48] The number of downloads The Ringer podcast is getting.
- [04:07] Start comparing your Apple Podcast and Spotify analytics for your podcast.
- [04:50] How our podcasts and Eric’s own podcast are performing.
- [05:56] The proposed price for The Ringer stated by Bill Simmons: $100 million.
- [06:25] That’s it for today!
- [06:26] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2472, we talk about how to truly scale AI in your organization! It feels like everyone is racing to implement AI, but is this the best strategy for business owners? Tune in to hear how we ...
In episode #2471, we’re looking at the format dominating 92.7% of Facebook posts! We’re referring, of course, to reels. Short-form content has proven to be effective across all platforms and seems...
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...