In episode #1317, we discuss the number one way to get noticed and promoted as a marketer within your company. Most high-level marketers are so good at what they do that they often break out and start their own companies. However, if you are looking to get promoted in-house, stay tuned to find out why it is crucial to show your worth and understand what it means to be an A-player on your team.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Number One Way to Get Noticed and Promoted as an In-House Marketer.
- [00:31] Understanding the three levels or three types of marketers.
- [00:57] Learning to notice problems, create solutions, and own it.
- [01:25] Importance of always having a reason behind why you deserve a raise.
- [01:58] Why the easiest way to get a promotion is by making your boss more money.
- [02:15] Adopting the mental model of being worthy of being paid more.
- [03:14] Getting noticed by saving your company more money.
- [03:29] How to be an A-Player in your company: proactive, solution-oriented, execution.
- [04:18] Why the best marketers are often found running their own companies.
- [05:02] Choosing to be a long-term investor rather than a short-term investor.
- [05:44] That’s it for today!
- [05:46] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...