In episode #1317, we discuss the number one way to get noticed and promoted as a marketer within your company. Most high-level marketers are so good at what they do that they often break out and start their own companies. However, if you are looking to get promoted in-house, stay tuned to find out why it is crucial to show your worth and understand what it means to be an A-player on your team.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Number One Way to Get Noticed and Promoted as an In-House Marketer.
- [00:31] Understanding the three levels or three types of marketers.
- [00:57] Learning to notice problems, create solutions, and own it.
- [01:25] Importance of always having a reason behind why you deserve a raise.
- [01:58] Why the easiest way to get a promotion is by making your boss more money.
- [02:15] Adopting the mental model of being worthy of being paid more.
- [03:14] Getting noticed by saving your company more money.
- [03:29] How to be an A-Player in your company: proactive, solution-oriented, execution.
- [04:18] Why the best marketers are often found running their own companies.
- [05:02] Choosing to be a long-term investor rather than a short-term investor.
- [05:44] That’s it for today!
- [05:46] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...
In episode #2467, we look at ways to make your content stand out when everyone is on the AI train. The trick is to identify what you, as a human, can bring to the table to capture attention that AI ca...