In Episode #78 Neil and Eric talk about the 7 deadly sins of marketing. Listen to find out which of these sins you’re committing, and learn how to avoid making them in the future.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: 7 Deadly Marketing Sins
- 00:34 – Sin #1 – Buying paid links
- 01:19 – What happens when you get caught buying links
- 01:55 – Sin #2 – Not optimizing your ads
- 02:37 – Sin #3 – AB testing incorrectly
- 03:34 – Sin #4 – Not playing the long game on content
- 04:43 – Sin #5 – Basing decisions purely from AB tests
- 05:50 – You don’t want to have brand confusion
- 05:56 – Sin #6 – Being schizophrenic with your tests
- 06:20 – You have to be willing to stomach the pain
- 06:40 – SEO takes time!
- 06:55 – Sin #7 – Starting to do any type of marketing without proper tracking
- 07:20 – No tracking means wasted marketing dollars
- 07:27 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- There is no shortcut to marketing. Everything takes time!
- The longer the content, the better it ranks.
- Marketing costs are inevitable, you have to be willing to stomach the pain.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...