In Episode #78 Neil and Eric talk about the 7 deadly sins of marketing. Listen to find out which of these sins you’re committing, and learn how to avoid making them in the future.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: 7 Deadly Marketing Sins
- 00:34 – Sin #1 – Buying paid links
- 01:19 – What happens when you get caught buying links
- 01:55 – Sin #2 – Not optimizing your ads
- 02:37 – Sin #3 – AB testing incorrectly
- 03:34 – Sin #4 – Not playing the long game on content
- 04:43 – Sin #5 – Basing decisions purely from AB tests
- 05:50 – You don’t want to have brand confusion
- 05:56 – Sin #6 – Being schizophrenic with your tests
- 06:20 – You have to be willing to stomach the pain
- 06:40 – SEO takes time!
- 06:55 – Sin #7 – Starting to do any type of marketing without proper tracking
- 07:20 – No tracking means wasted marketing dollars
- 07:27 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- There is no shortcut to marketing. Everything takes time!
- The longer the content, the better it ranks.
- Marketing costs are inevitable, you have to be willing to stomach the pain.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...