In Episode #78 Neil and Eric talk about the 7 deadly sins of marketing. Listen to find out which of these sins you’re committing, and learn how to avoid making them in the future.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: 7 Deadly Marketing Sins
- 00:34 – Sin #1 – Buying paid links
- 01:19 – What happens when you get caught buying links
- 01:55 – Sin #2 – Not optimizing your ads
- 02:37 – Sin #3 – AB testing incorrectly
- 03:34 – Sin #4 – Not playing the long game on content
- 04:43 – Sin #5 – Basing decisions purely from AB tests
- 05:50 – You don’t want to have brand confusion
- 05:56 – Sin #6 – Being schizophrenic with your tests
- 06:20 – You have to be willing to stomach the pain
- 06:40 – SEO takes time!
- 06:55 – Sin #7 – Starting to do any type of marketing without proper tracking
- 07:20 – No tracking means wasted marketing dollars
- 07:27 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- There is no shortcut to marketing. Everything takes time!
- The longer the content, the better it ranks.
- Marketing costs are inevitable, you have to be willing to stomach the pain.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...