In Episode #62 Eric and Neil discuss their secrets for successfully recording and promoting podcasts. Listen as they share the physical tools they use, they software they rely on to produce The Marketing School, and the key concepts you need to master if you want to successfully promote your show.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – Today’s Topic: The Art of Promoting and Recording Podcasts
- 00:35 – Microphones and recording multiple times
- 01:15 – Recording software
- 01:18 – Quicktime
- 01:25 – Issues Neil and Eric experienced
- 01:58 – ECamm
- 02:25 – Screenflow crashed twice
- 01:18 – Quicktime
- 02:33 – Microphones to use
- 03:35 – Neil and Eric save 3 files for every recording
- 09:50 – Promoting a podcast
- 03:53 – Email blast
- 04:20 – Libsyn is not that accurate
- 04:41 – Product Hunt
- 05:59 – Email digest
- 05:29 – Shure MV88
- 06:30 – The BEST strategy in promoting
- 07:42 – The Art of Charm Podcast
- 08:37 – The more you can automate, the better
- 08:45 – Edgar
- 09:06 – Keep Retweeting episodes on Twitter
- 09:58 – As long as you’re providing value, you’re doing the right thing
- 10:11 – That’s the end of today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Use different tools and software when recording.
- Always have a backup—ALWAYS.
- Interview other people who are already popular—let their networks do the promotion for you.
- Quicktime – The most stable software for Neil
- ECamm – Software Eric and Neil uses when on Skype
- Screenflow – Another software for recording
- Blue Yeti – Mic Eric is using in this podcast
- ATR2100 – Another mic Eric and Neil uses
- Libsyn – Used to track podcast statistics
- Product Hunt – Website where Erik lists their podcast
- Shure MV88 – Eric’s iPhone mic
- The Art of Charm Podcast – A podcast Eric mentioned
- Edgar – Tool that sets your social media posts
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2466, we broach the topic of using AI for doing outbound. The goal with outbound is to stand out and AI can help you do so. Tune in to discover how AI can be used to customize insights for...
In episode #2465, we investigate the software that can create AI-generated articles to “drive real traffic”. Namely, byword.ai. While AI SEO strategies might have short-term results, we don’t be...
In episode #2464, we explore the question of vanity metrics versus revenue. We look at a particular story of a creator reaching 100 million views on YouTube with only a $900 return. These stats beg th...