In Episode #62 Eric and Neil discuss their secrets for successfully recording and promoting podcasts. Listen as they share the physical tools they use, they software they rely on to produce The Marketing School, and the key concepts you need to master if you want to successfully promote your show.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – Today’s Topic: The Art of Promoting and Recording Podcasts
- 00:35 – Microphones and recording multiple times
- 01:15 – Recording software
- 02:33 – Microphones to use
- 03:35 – Neil and Eric save 3 files for every recording
- 09:50 – Promoting a podcast
- 05:29 – Shure MV88
- 06:30 – The BEST strategy in promoting
- 07:42 – The Art of Charm Podcast
- 08:37 – The more you can automate, the better
- 08:45 – Edgar
- 09:06 – Keep Retweeting episodes on Twitter
- 09:58 – As long as you’re providing value, you’re doing the right thing
- 10:11 – That’s the end of today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Use different tools and software when recording.
- Always have a backup—ALWAYS.
- Interview other people who are already popular—let their networks do the promotion for you.
- Quicktime – The most stable software for Neil
- ECamm – Software Eric and Neil uses when on Skype
- Screenflow – Another software for recording
- Blue Yeti – Mic Eric is using in this podcast
- ATR2100 – Another mic Eric and Neil uses
- Libsyn – Used to track podcast statistics
- Product Hunt – Website where Erik lists their podcast
- Shure MV88 – Eric’s iPhone mic
- The Art of Charm Podcast – A podcast Eric mentioned
- Edgar – Tool that sets your social media posts
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...