In episode #655, Eric and Neil discuss how you can market your business at speaking engagements. Tune in to hear if it’s wise to use the hard sell while on stage.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Art of Speaking: How to Market Your Business From a Stage
- [00:35] Neil has been speaking for over ten years.
- [00:45] He never joined Toastmasters, he is just naturally outgoing.
- [01:11] Neil creates his slides, but doesn’t rehearse, because he doesn’t want to sound robotic.
- [01:55] You have to cater your approach to each audience.
- [02:12] Anyone can read slides, it takes someone with public speaking abilities to keep an audience engaged.
- [02:33] Eric and Neil never do a hard sell in their speeches.
- [02:47] Russell Brunson makes a lot of money from his public speaking engagements.
- [03:15] He spoke at the 10X conference and made $3 Million because of that event.
- [03:30] Russell is great at creating the “FOMO” feeling.
- [04:00] Some conferences want speakers to sell their businesses.
- [04:55] The hard sell has rubbed people the wrong way.
- [05:03] Leadpages is a way to get people on your email list.
- [05:28] Give people a link to your product or get them on your email list.
- [05:45] Special offers are also a great way to get leads.
- [06:30] It’s worth it to play the long game.
- [06:51] That’s all for today!
- [06:53] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2143, Neil and Eric unpack how big tech companies are laying people off right now and whether it’s a sign of things to come. Tuning in you’ll learn about the companies that are current...
In episode #2142, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire content creators (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) Influencer prices have gone up by staggering amounts and you may not be able to afford the on...
In episode #2141, Neil and Eric talk about their weird habits that triple productivity. Learn why Neil doesn’t go to bed without having read all his emails, even if he’s traveling, and why he does...