In episode #655, Eric and Neil discuss how you can market your business at speaking engagements. Tune in to hear if it’s wise to use the hard sell while on stage.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Art of Speaking: How to Market Your Business From a Stage
- [00:35] Neil has been speaking for over ten years.
- [00:45] He never joined Toastmasters, he is just naturally outgoing.
- [01:11] Neil creates his slides, but doesn’t rehearse, because he doesn’t want to sound robotic.
- [01:55] You have to cater your approach to each audience.
- [02:12] Anyone can read slides, it takes someone with public speaking abilities to keep an audience engaged.
- [02:33] Eric and Neil never do a hard sell in their speeches.
- [02:47] Russell Brunson makes a lot of money from his public speaking engagements.
- [03:15] He spoke at the 10X conference and made $3 Million because of that event.
- [03:30] Russell is great at creating the “FOMO” feeling.
- [04:00] Some conferences want speakers to sell their businesses.
- [04:55] The hard sell has rubbed people the wrong way.
- [05:03] Leadpages is a way to get people on your email list.
- [05:28] Give people a link to your product or get them on your email list.
- [05:45] Special offers are also a great way to get leads.
- [06:30] It’s worth it to play the long game.
- [06:51] That’s all for today!
- [06:53] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...
Ravi Theja Yada explains why behavioral analytics is superior to traditional metrics when it comes to understanding your consumers at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...