In episode #1245, we discuss why the best marketers out there are usually more entrepreneurial! Looking at our own experiences coming up in marketing and in particular the example of our friend Syed Balkhi, we can see the links between creativity, innovation, and success. Tune in to get some inspiration for how you can turn your marketing skills into a business!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Why the Best Marketers are the Most Entrepreneurial.
- [00:34] Eric’s practices around learning when he started out in the marketing game.
- [01:29] Why Neil values creativity over all else in marketing.
- [02:01] The example of Syed Balkhi and his career path in marketing.
- [03:31] Frugality and creativity; a winning combination.
- [04:44] Taking your marketing skills and applying them to a business of your own.
- [05:38] That’s it.
- [05:43] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...