In episode #800, Eric and Neil discuss the best way to compensate marketers. Tune in to hear how you should be paying your marketing team.
Eric and Neil have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Best Way to Compensate Marketers
- [00:32] Before they started recording, Eric and Neil were discussing how the writers at Agora Financial do Billions in business.
- [01:07] On a podcast, they heard, a man was offered a job at Agora. The company offered to pay his rent for the first 6 months on the job, but the salary was small.
- [01:27] However, he was offered a dollar for every lead he was able to generate, as well as 1% of every sale that resulted from his leads.
- [01:47] In general, the best marketers are compensated in relation to their performance.
- [02:35] Once your business is established and you have built up a steady revenue stream, you may be able to get employees to take a small base plus performance incentives.
- [03:12] Everything is driven by incentives.
- [03:41] One of Eric’s friends recommends this: get the company to front $10,000 in ad spend for one month and you don’t pay the agency anything. If it works out, then you take on all the risk and grow from there.
- [04:38] Agora has their numbers down (they know what each customer is worth, etc.). If you are a new company, you may not have this information locked down and you may not be able to pay based on performance.
- [05:00] That’s it for today!
- [05:04] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...