In Episode #52 Neil and Eric discuss the all-too-common challenge of finding great ideas for blog topics. Listen as they share a number of their favorite tools, proven techniques, and secret sources for marquee content.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:23 – Today’s topic: How to research new blog topics?
- 00:42 – Hold weekly meetings and crowdsource idea generation
- 01:00 – You can also tap into your email list
- 01:50 – Tap into feedly.com
- 02:05 – Neil only sources his audience for blog/podcast topics
- 02:31 – What type of problems are you hearing about again and again at conferences and industry events?
- 02:50 – BuzzSumo and Brian Dean’s Skyscraper Technique
- 04:00 – TrackReddit
- 04:48 – Tap into article sub-headers and use those sub-headers to create individual posts
- 05:30 – What have people engaged with in the past?
- 06:56 – Digital Marketer – Headline Ideas
- 07:15 – Aaron Ageis Quick Sprout
3 Key Points:
- Tap into the hive mind (aka the crowd).
- Listen into your industry’s buzz.
- Try transforming sub-headers from older content into stand-alone pieces.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2359, Neil and Eric share their insights on how to utilize the power of storytelling in marketing. Telling a good story is one of the best ways to capture people’s attention. Tune in as ...
In episode #2358, Neil and Eric explore which marketing jobs will be replaced by AI in 2023. We’ve seen a lot of advancements in AI over the past year, but what will its real-world impact be on mark...
In episode #2357, Neil and Eric break down how to fix your marketing funnel. There are plenty of useful tools that can help you identify where your marketing funnel needs to be improved. The trick is ...