In Episode #52 Neil and Eric discuss the all-too-common challenge of finding great ideas for blog topics. Listen as they share a number of their favorite tools, proven techniques, and secret sources for marquee content.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:23 – Today’s topic: How to research new blog topics?
- 00:42 – Hold weekly meetings and crowdsource idea generation
- 01:00 – You can also tap into your email list
- 01:50 – Tap into feedly.com
- 02:05 – Neil only sources his audience for blog/podcast topics
- 02:31 – What type of problems are you hearing about again and again at conferences and industry events?
- 02:50 – BuzzSumo and Brian Dean’s Skyscraper Technique
- 04:00 – TrackReddit
- 04:48 – Tap into article sub-headers and use those sub-headers to create individual posts
- 05:30 – What have people engaged with in the past?
- 06:56 – Digital Marketer – Headline Ideas
- 07:15 – Aaron Ageis Quick Sprout
3 Key Points:
- Tap into the hive mind (aka the crowd).
- Listen into your industry’s buzz.
- Try transforming sub-headers from older content into stand-alone pieces.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...