In Episode #52 Neil and Eric discuss the all-too-common challenge of finding great ideas for blog topics. Listen as they share a number of their favorite tools, proven techniques, and secret sources for marquee content.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:23 – Today’s topic: How to research new blog topics?
- 00:42 – Hold weekly meetings and crowdsource idea generation
- 01:00 – You can also tap into your email list
- 01:50 – Tap into feedly.com
- 02:05 – Neil only sources his audience for blog/podcast topics
- 02:31 – What type of problems are you hearing about again and again at conferences and industry events?
- 02:50 – BuzzSumo and Brian Dean’s Skyscraper Technique
- 04:00 – TrackReddit
- 04:48 – Tap into article sub-headers and use those sub-headers to create individual posts
- 05:30 – What have people engaged with in the past?
- 06:56 – Digital Marketer – Headline Ideas
- 07:15 – Aaron Ageis Quick Sprout
3 Key Points:
- Tap into the hive mind (aka the crowd).
- Listen into your industry’s buzz.
- Try transforming sub-headers from older content into stand-alone pieces.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...