In episode #681, Eric and Neil discuss the best way to survey your audience. Tune in to hear how and why you should survey your customers and why it is so vital to improving your business.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Best Way to Survey Your Audience
- [00:35] There are two types of data: quantitative and qualitative.
- [00:45] Google Analytics tracks quantitative.
- [00:56] Over 95% of your traffic (and maybe more) don’t convert. Why?
- [01:10] The Google numbers won’t tell you. You have to talk to your customers through phone, email, and text.
- [01:20] Surveying is qualitative data. When combined with quantitative, you will be able to greatly improve your business.
- [01:44] Eric was recently reading the blog “Wild Audience”. The site surveyed him.
- [02:00] The questions he answered were a way to qualify visitors and segment them into the right campaigns.
- [02:40] Survey Slam was recommended by “Wild Audience”. It’s a WordPress plugin that costs $97 for the developer license.
- [03:10] You leave money on the table by not putting people into the right classification.
- [03:18] Don’t ask too many questions at once and make sure they aren’t biased.
- [03:40] Make sure your questions are open-ended, so you don’t accidentally bias the survey.
- [04:22] You can use a word cloud to combine your qualitative feedback.
- [04:29] From there, you can look at what the commonalities are and make decisions based on the insights you gain.
- [04:49] When people are done with the survey, make sure to show them a Thank You page that will drive a conversion.
- [05:21] That’s all for today!
- [05:24] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1513, we share seven tools that will help you grow your traffic. When trying to ramp up your traffic, whether it be on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, WordPress, or your website, it is all a...
In episode #1512, you’ll hear about seven tools you can use to grow your SaaS company from us. Whether you’re working B2B or B2C, having the best tools for note-taking, A/B testing, decreasing chu...
In this special episode of Marketing School we speak to the 'traffic guy', John Parkes, who is CMO of ClickFunnels! At Marketing School we are big fans of the company and their amazing co-founder, Rus...