In episode #1242, we share the biggest mistake you’re making on social media. While repurposing content can be effective, it’s imperative to consider whether the content is appropriate for each new channel you publish to. Tune in to hear all about Gary Vaynerchuk’s awesome free resource that outlines everything you need to know regarding social media posts!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Big Mistake You’re Making on Social Media.
- [00:47] Examples of how we repurpose content efficiently.
- [01:19] Making the mistake of republishing content on an inappropriate channel.
- [02:00] Always keeping the norms of the channel (e.g. length of posts) in mind.
- [02:20] Advice for publishing natively on Twitter and recent example of a successful Tweet.
- [03:08] Putting thought into your posts rather than publishing the same across all platforms.
- [04:02] Study the strategies of those who do well on various platforms.
- [04:27] Keep in mind that some channels work in both directions while others don’t.
- [05:20] Building a culture of experimentation to find out what works.
- [05:55] The free resource that outlines key principles of posting on social media.
- [06:31] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Leveling Up Podcast
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things
- Ben Horowitz on Twitter
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- 64 Piece of Content
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...