In Episode #469, Eric and Neil discuss the big mistake you’re going to make with content marketing. Tune in to learn how your content can still be rendered useless, even though you’re gaining a load of traffic. You’ll also find out the true goal of content marketing.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: The Big Mistake You’re Going to Make With Content Marketing
- 00:34 – Most people focus on traffic
- 00:39 – “Traffic doesn’t equate to sales or leads”
- 00:48 – Neil’s friend, Mike, of Axe was getting tons of traffic and 5x sales from content marketing which is from paid ads
- 01:12 – Content marketing doesn’t convert as well as paid ads and other types of marketing strategies
- 01:31 – Make sure you update your content in a relevant way
- 02:07 – The goal for content marketing is ROI
- 02:20 – Neil published content which generated traffic but zero leads
- 02:44 – “It’s not about producing a lot of content, it’s about producing relevant content”
- 03:16 – Check your analytics to see what people are reading and looking for and make content from that
- 03:53 – Traffic isn’t free even if it isn’t paid, since you still invested time
- 04:02 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:22 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- High traffic doesn’t necessarily equate to sales or leads.
- Create content that is relevant for your paying customers.
- Check your analytics to find out what your people are ready and looking for—build new, relevant content linked to those topics.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1899, Neil and Eric talk about 3 Reasons You Don’t Want to Be the Smartest Marketer. While it might feel good to be the smartest marketer in the room, you’re actually putting yourself ...
In episode #1898, Neil and Eric talk about What to Do When You Lose Your Rankings. There are a bunch of reasons why your rankings may take a hit. Sometimes your content has started to decay or in othe...
In episode #1897, Neil and Eric talk about How to Grow Your YouTube Channel Like They Are. Growing a YoutTube channel isn’t always straightforward. You might be gaining views and followers, and then...