In Episode #469, Eric and Neil discuss the big mistake you’re going to make with content marketing. Tune in to learn how your content can still be rendered useless, even though you’re gaining a load of traffic. You’ll also find out the true goal of content marketing.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: The Big Mistake You’re Going to Make With Content Marketing
- 00:34 – Most people focus on traffic
- 00:39 – “Traffic doesn’t equate to sales or leads”
- 00:48 – Neil’s friend, Mike, of Axe was getting tons of traffic and 5x sales from content marketing which is from paid ads
- 01:12 – Content marketing doesn’t convert as well as paid ads and other types of marketing strategies
- 01:31 – Make sure you update your content in a relevant way
- 02:07 – The goal for content marketing is ROI
- 02:20 – Neil published content which generated traffic but zero leads
- 02:44 – “It’s not about producing a lot of content, it’s about producing relevant content”
- 03:16 – Check your analytics to see what people are reading and looking for and make content from that
- 03:53 – Traffic isn’t free even if it isn’t paid, since you still invested time
- 04:02 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:22 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- High traffic doesn’t necessarily equate to sales or leads.
- Create content that is relevant for your paying customers.
- Check your analytics to find out what your people are ready and looking for—build new, relevant content linked to those topics.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1513, we share seven tools that will help you grow your traffic. When trying to ramp up your traffic, whether it be on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, WordPress, or your website, it is all a...
In episode #1512, you’ll hear about seven tools you can use to grow your SaaS company from us. Whether you’re working B2B or B2C, having the best tools for note-taking, A/B testing, decreasing chu...
In this special episode of Marketing School we speak to the 'traffic guy', John Parkes, who is CMO of ClickFunnels! At Marketing School we are big fans of the company and their amazing co-founder, Rus...