In episode #1194, we discuss Eric’s biggest marketing blunder of the year. Rebuilding a website can be tricky and there is a range of factors to keep in mind before you can roll out the revised version. Tune in to hear what is on our checklist that will help you to avoid making the same mistake!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Biggest Marketing Blunder of 2019.
- [00:34] Trusting the developer instead of following the checklist when doing a website rebuild.
- [01:21] Don’t assume anything about what a new developer might/might not know.
- [01:35] Communication is key: establishing the tracking, lead flow, redirections, etc.
- [02:36] Why Neil never does website redesigns and how he approaches changes.
- [03:39] The checklist for making sure that you rebuild correctly.
- [04:23] Doing big changes to a website during a slow period, such as over the weekend.
- [04:50] Benchmarking with your old data and ensuring that internal links are right.
- [05:17] An example of how you would keep internal links effective.
- [06:10] Make sure you have a backup!
- [06:22] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1201, we talk about how Eric Siu gets ahead of his competitors! From attending events and going to bed early, Eric has a bunch of helpful tips and possible jumpstarts for you and your busi...
In episode #1200, we talk about how Neil Patel gets ahead of his competitors! From working in the holidays, allowing small amounts of downtime, and mapping out partnerships, Neil has some great strate...
In episode #1199, we talk about a few books that can help you and your brand in 2020! We share some choices that deal with customers, coaching, ambition and more, while also considering the benefits o...