In episode #1194, we discuss Eric’s biggest marketing blunder of the year. Rebuilding a website can be tricky and there is a range of factors to keep in mind before you can roll out the revised version. Tune in to hear what is on our checklist that will help you to avoid making the same mistake!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Biggest Marketing Blunder of 2019.
- [00:34] Trusting the developer instead of following the checklist when doing a website rebuild.
- [01:21] Don’t assume anything about what a new developer might/might not know.
- [01:35] Communication is key: establishing the tracking, lead flow, redirections, etc.
- [02:36] Why Neil never does website redesigns and how he approaches changes.
- [03:39] The checklist for making sure that you rebuild correctly.
- [04:23] Doing big changes to a website during a slow period, such as over the weekend.
- [04:50] Benchmarking with your old data and ensuring that internal links are right.
- [05:17] An example of how you would keep internal links effective.
- [06:10] Make sure you have a backup!
- [06:22] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1232, we share some of the smartest marketing strategies that we have come across lately. You will hear great examples of how people are leveraging design to drive user enthusiasm on their...
In episode #1231, we share seven strategies that you can use to boost engagement on your LinkedIn significantly. We highlight LinkedIn’s great capacity for going live and teach you how to leverage t...
In episode #1230, we give you some tips about when to pass off social media work to an employee or third party organization, and when to do it yourself. The audience that you have built around your pe...