In episode #1194, we discuss Eric’s biggest marketing blunder of the year. Rebuilding a website can be tricky and there is a range of factors to keep in mind before you can roll out the revised version. Tune in to hear what is on our checklist that will help you to avoid making the same mistake!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Biggest Marketing Blunder of 2019.
- [00:34] Trusting the developer instead of following the checklist when doing a website rebuild.
- [01:21] Don’t assume anything about what a new developer might/might not know.
- [01:35] Communication is key: establishing the tracking, lead flow, redirections, etc.
- [02:36] Why Neil never does website redesigns and how he approaches changes.
- [03:39] The checklist for making sure that you rebuild correctly.
- [04:23] Doing big changes to a website during a slow period, such as over the weekend.
- [04:50] Benchmarking with your old data and ensuring that internal links are right.
- [05:17] An example of how you would keep internal links effective.
- [06:10] Make sure you have a backup!
- [06:22] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Give us feedback on this new format in the ratings section and include your e-mail for a chance to ask a question live on a Marketing School podcast! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone....
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...