In episode #1194, we discuss Eric’s biggest marketing blunder of the year. Rebuilding a website can be tricky and there is a range of factors to keep in mind before you can roll out the revised version. Tune in to hear what is on our checklist that will help you to avoid making the same mistake!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Biggest Marketing Blunder of 2019.
- [00:34] Trusting the developer instead of following the checklist when doing a website rebuild.
- [01:21] Don’t assume anything about what a new developer might/might not know.
- [01:35] Communication is key: establishing the tracking, lead flow, redirections, etc.
- [02:36] Why Neil never does website redesigns and how he approaches changes.
- [03:39] The checklist for making sure that you rebuild correctly.
- [04:23] Doing big changes to a website during a slow period, such as over the weekend.
- [04:50] Benchmarking with your old data and ensuring that internal links are right.
- [05:17] An example of how you would keep internal links effective.
- [06:10] Make sure you have a backup!
- [06:22] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2182, Neil and Eric talk about how they would start from scratch today. While a lot of trends in marketing are continually evolving, there will always be a place for good content and engag...
In episode #2181, Neil and Eric talk about Meta’s announcement that Facebook will be undergoing a redesign based on the TikTok platform. Facebook has always excelled at taking what's working for oth...
In episode #2180, Neil and Eric talk about why it’s better to share stories of your experiences than to give advice. Whenever you give someone advice you’re taking a risk because you have no way o...