In episode #1262, we disclose the biggest mistake Eric made in his early days in marketing. Opting for quality and impact is always going to be more sustainable and rewarding than trying to make quick money at the lowest cost. Tune in to how the why behind your ventures is so crucial to your success!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Biggest Marketing Mistake Eric Made When He Started.
- [00:52] Eric’s Biggest mistake: always trying to go for the quick wins.
- [00:58] Building affiliate sites and buying cheap articles and links.
- [01:47] Often mistakes stem from wanting to make a lot of money quickly.
- [01:55] Focus on making an impact and choosing quality content.
- [02:13] The mistake of trying to make money in a niche you’re not interested in.
- [02:28] The importance of understanding the why behind what you do.
- [03:31] Learning that you can translate your skills to help real businesses.
- [04:41] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...