In episode #1185, we dive into the aspects of social media that we get wrong. Being lazy or in a hurry often causes us to simply broadcast information rather than being thoughtful about the content we put up on these platforms. Tune in to hear whether you are posting too little or too much!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Biggest Mistake We’re Making in Social Media.
- [00:35] Neil’s thoughts on why social media isn’t working so well for Eric.
- [01:04] Why we reduced the number of YouTube videos and blogs we post per week.
- [01:28] Two problems with the way Eric uses social media.
- [01:46] Writing natively on social media platforms versus broadcasting all the time.
- [02:02] What it means to post natively: creating content that the platform seeks.
- [02:48] Common mistakes: Not posting enough and having old, disengaged followers.
- [03:16] That’s it for today!
- [03:23] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1201, we talk about how Eric Siu gets ahead of his competitors! From attending events and going to bed early, Eric has a bunch of helpful tips and possible jumpstarts for you and your busi...
In episode #1200, we talk about how Neil Patel gets ahead of his competitors! From working in the holidays, allowing small amounts of downtime, and mapping out partnerships, Neil has some great strate...
In episode #1199, we talk about a few books that can help you and your brand in 2020! We share some choices that deal with customers, coaching, ambition and more, while also considering the benefits o...