In episode #1185, we dive into the aspects of social media that we get wrong. Being lazy or in a hurry often causes us to simply broadcast information rather than being thoughtful about the content we put up on these platforms. Tune in to hear whether you are posting too little or too much!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Biggest Mistake We’re Making in Social Media.
- [00:35] Neil’s thoughts on why social media isn’t working so well for Eric.
- [01:04] Why we reduced the number of YouTube videos and blogs we post per week.
- [01:28] Two problems with the way Eric uses social media.
- [01:46] Writing natively on social media platforms versus broadcasting all the time.
- [02:02] What it means to post natively: creating content that the platform seeks.
- [02:48] Common mistakes: Not posting enough and having old, disengaged followers.
- [03:16] That’s it for today!
- [03:23] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2572, we explore the ins and outs of virtual summits and investigate whether they are still relevant today. Virtual Summits can be a great way to build community, foster connection, and ge...
In episode #2571, we delve into a recent Harvard case study that looks at how humans using AI can outperform humans who aren’t using AI — by a large margin! With so many changes and advancements t...
In episode #2570, we unpack X’s partnership with Google to sell programmatic ads. There have been a lot of changes at X, formerly known as Twitter, from their controversial name change to their newl...