In episode #1185, we dive into the aspects of social media that we get wrong. Being lazy or in a hurry often causes us to simply broadcast information rather than being thoughtful about the content we put up on these platforms. Tune in to hear whether you are posting too little or too much!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Biggest Mistake We’re Making in Social Media.
- [00:35] Neil’s thoughts on why social media isn’t working so well for Eric.
- [01:04] Why we reduced the number of YouTube videos and blogs we post per week.
- [01:28] Two problems with the way Eric uses social media.
- [01:46] Writing natively on social media platforms versus broadcasting all the time.
- [02:02] What it means to post natively: creating content that the platform seeks.
- [02:48] Common mistakes: Not posting enough and having old, disengaged followers.
- [03:16] That’s it for today!
- [03:23] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2182, Neil and Eric talk about how they would start from scratch today. While a lot of trends in marketing are continually evolving, there will always be a place for good content and engag...
In episode #2181, Neil and Eric talk about Meta’s announcement that Facebook will be undergoing a redesign based on the TikTok platform. Facebook has always excelled at taking what's working for oth...
In episode #2180, Neil and Eric talk about why it’s better to share stories of your experiences than to give advice. Whenever you give someone advice you’re taking a risk because you have no way o...