In episode #544, Eric and Neil describe the best marketing campaigns they have seen. Tune in to hear some innovating marketing ideas!
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Cleverest Marketing Campaigns that We Have Seen
- [01:00] A lot of the YouTube marketers are creating very emotional stories, using them as ads, and making millions of dollars per month.
- [01:22] Billy Gene used a “Wolf of Wall Street” parody that proved so effective, it reached people in Brazil.
- [02:06] Eric saw a very effective Lyft ad while watching YouTube videos.
- [02:25] Lyft was able to evoke emotion based on a true life story about a survivor of the Vegas hotel shooting.
- [02:55] They leveraged an emotional event to market their business.
- [03:52] Re-market videos on YouTube on Facebook: show people what their lives will be like if they use your product or services.
- [05:00] If you are pitching based on emotion and that doesn’t work, re-market them using logic.
- [05:21] Full Story shows people what they can do with your website.
- [05:50] It will show people how to use your website and it’s highly customizable.
- [06:33] You can follow up with people after they’ve seen how your site works using Full Story.
- [07:02] Russell Brunson was giving away free MP3 players, but he created a funnel that got people to purchase his products and services.
- [07:45] He created video campaigns on how to retire using click-funnels.
- [08:18] Dollar Shave Club sold to Unilever for over a billion dollars.
- [08:43] Think about how to put a creative spin on things, like Squatty Potty and their bizarre/humorous ad campaign.
- [09:25] That’s all for today!
- [09:27] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2103, we talk about how we'd grow our podcast to five million downloads per month in the future. After the last few years of amazing growth, we are so excited about where we might be heade...
In episode #2102, we talk about how to screen for SEO talent in 2022! When building the best team that you can, you need a good process to vet potential hires and we are here to make this just a littl...
In episode #2101, Neil and Eric talk about what to do if you’re on the verge of bankruptcy. It’s okay to fail and try new things, and bankruptcy shouldn’t be associated with shame or stigma. Tun...