In episode #612, Eric and Neil discuss their craziest marketing schemes. Tune in to hear some out-there ideas that may work for you, as well.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Craziest Marketing Tactic Ever
- [00:36] The craziest thing Eric has ever done was bet an entire company (54 employees, 5 months of cash in the bank).
- [01:02] He bet everything on video marketing in order to hit numbers.
- [01:19] He was even surprised that it worked. The company now does $25 Million/year in business.
- [01:39] At the same time, Neil was spending $20 to acquire a customer and generating $200.
- [02:02] The craziest thing Neil has ever done was to launch the “Who is Neil Patel?” campaign. Though he got a lot of hate for it, it proved to be very successful.
- [02:42] It caused everyone to Google his name, which made his brand query shoot up, his search traffic skyrocketed, and his ranking improved.
- [03:12] You can achieve this by creating quizzes or paying celebrities to be part of an ad campaign, as examples.
- [03:50] Marketing works whether people love or hate the campaign.
- [04:32] Buying websites is another great way to improve your ranking.
- [04:55] Eric wanted to rank for elder-care related keywords, so he bought out some elder-care sites.
- [05:45] The site would then redirect to their main landing page.
- [05:52] That’s it for today!
- [06:01] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...