In episode #612, Eric and Neil discuss their craziest marketing schemes. Tune in to hear some out-there ideas that may work for you, as well.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Craziest Marketing Tactic Ever
- [00:36] The craziest thing Eric has ever done was bet an entire company (54 employees, 5 months of cash in the bank).
- [01:02] He bet everything on video marketing in order to hit numbers.
- [01:19] He was even surprised that it worked. The company now does $25 Million/year in business.
- [01:39] At the same time, Neil was spending $20 to acquire a customer and generating $200.
- [02:02] The craziest thing Neil has ever done was to launch the “Who is Neil Patel?” campaign. Though he got a lot of hate for it, it proved to be very successful.
- [02:42] It caused everyone to Google his name, which made his brand query shoot up, his search traffic skyrocketed, and his ranking improved.
- [03:12] You can achieve this by creating quizzes or paying celebrities to be part of an ad campaign, as examples.
- [03:50] Marketing works whether people love or hate the campaign.
- [04:32] Buying websites is another great way to improve your ranking.
- [04:55] Eric wanted to rank for elder-care related keywords, so he bought out some elder-care sites.
- [05:45] The site would then redirect to their main landing page.
- [05:52] That’s it for today!
- [06:01] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...