In episode #551, Eric and Neil lay out what makes a 7-figure business, 8-figure business, and 9-figure business. Tune in to hear great tips about how to gradually scale up your company.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Difference Between 7-, 8- and 9-Figure Businesses
- [00:46] 7-figure businesses want a return on investment.
- [01:00] You want a 5:1 return, on average.
- [01:15] 8-figure businesses want to break even on their ad spend.
- [01:53] 9-figure businesses are willing to lose money at first.
- [02:13] They know the worth of a return customer down the road.
- [02:30] To compete, you need to outspend and have a funnel that converts very well.
- [03:00] “He who spends the most to acquire a customer, wins.”
- [03:58] Russell Brunson may lose money on the initial sale, because of his skill at setting up funnels he will recoup that money in the end.
- [04:30] It’s hard to build a big business, unless you are willing to lose money up front.
- [04:45] You have to have the stomach for losing money.
- [05:00] The Microsofts and the HubSpots probably lost money their entire first year in business.
- [05:25] To build a successful 7-figure business, you have to hit product market fit.
- [05:41] 8-figure businesses capitalize on past successes and drop what isn’t working.
- [06:15] 95% of the time, it’s a process problem. 5% of the time it’s a people problem.
- [06:54] When you’re looking to go from 7, 8 or 9 figures, you need to look to your teams to start scaling up.
- [07:30] You have to know what you want and go for it!
- [07:34] That’s all for today!
- [07:36] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2563, we are exploring how podcasts expand drastically. Tuning in, you’ll hear about how many people listen to podcasts every week in the US, creators who have successful podcasts, why t...
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...