In episode #551, Eric and Neil lay out what makes a 7-figure business, 8-figure business, and 9-figure business. Tune in to hear great tips about how to gradually scale up your company.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Difference Between 7-, 8- and 9-Figure Businesses
- [00:46] 7-figure businesses want a return on investment.
- [01:00] You want a 5:1 return, on average.
- [01:15] 8-figure businesses want to break even on their ad spend.
- [01:53] 9-figure businesses are willing to lose money at first.
- [02:13] They know the worth of a return customer down the road.
- [02:30] To compete, you need to outspend and have a funnel that converts very well.
- [03:00] “He who spends the most to acquire a customer, wins.”
- [03:58] Russell Brunson may lose money on the initial sale, because of his skill at setting up funnels he will recoup that money in the end.
- [04:30] It’s hard to build a big business, unless you are willing to lose money up front.
- [04:45] You have to have the stomach for losing money.
- [05:00] The Microsofts and the HubSpots probably lost money their entire first year in business.
- [05:25] To build a successful 7-figure business, you have to hit product market fit.
- [05:41] 8-figure businesses capitalize on past successes and drop what isn’t working.
- [06:15] 95% of the time, it’s a process problem. 5% of the time it’s a people problem.
- [06:54] When you’re looking to go from 7, 8 or 9 figures, you need to look to your teams to start scaling up.
- [07:30] You have to know what you want and go for it!
- [07:34] That’s all for today!
- [07:36] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...