In Episode #381, Eric and Neil discuss the difference between macro and micro-conversions. Tune in as Eric and Neil define what these conversions are and which ones deserve more of your attention and focus, what you need to track and how often, and which conversions (micro or macro) deserve an A/B test.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: The Difference Between Macro and Micro-Conversions
- 01:09 – Your funnel has a lot of small steps which are considered “micro” and the large step is the actual act of purchasing
- 01:24 – How many micro-conversions should you be tracking?
- 01:51 – When Neil does A/B test, he only looks at macro conversions
- 02:00 – “I really do focus on the bottom line which is sales and revenue”
- 02:19 – You want people to convert to buy, so that’s what you should be optimizing in an A/B test
- 02:28 – When Eric started, he used to track micro-conversions, like click through rates for example, which led to him losing his focus
- 02:50 – Make sure you focus on the RIGHT things
- 02:59 – You can look at micro things once in awhile, but don’t let it be your main focus
- 03:02 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:51 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:00 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Micro-conversions are the small steps that lead to the purchase, which is called the macro-conversion.
- Your main focus should always be on the sales, don’t let micro-conversions steal your focus.
- You can track micro-conversions every now and then, but it’s not necessary to do this on a daily basis.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2566, we turn our attention to a groundbreaking phenomenon: how YouTube creator Deestroying is challenging traditional football norms. In this episode, we dissect the strategies and innova...
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...