In episode #1320, we discuss the difference between optimization and innovation. While both of these growth strategies are powerful, they have an even greater impact when they are used together! Tune in to hear how Dropbox, Uber, and Salesforce created waves with optimization and innovation.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Difference Between Optimization and Innovation.
- [00:38] A definition of optimization and relevant examples from the marketing world.
- [01:30] Innovation: doing things that are outside the box – like Dropbox!
- [02:09] Think about innovation as disrupting the industry and messing up people’s plans.
- [02:20] A good example of this kind of disruption is what Uber did to the transportation industry.
- [02:39] The exponential growth that happens when you combine optimization with innovation.
- [03:00] The lack of innovation in the marketing tool and SEO world.
- [03:21] How Salesforce changed the landscape of CRM’s with innovation.
- [04:08] Read the optimization versus innovation article by Andy Johns.
- [04:28] That’s it for today!
- [04:29] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...
In episode #2624, We discuss the breakdown of the New York Times' revenue. We highlight the significant role of affiliate marketing in generating income for the company, with Wirecutter affiliate comm...