In episode #1320, we discuss the difference between optimization and innovation. While both of these growth strategies are powerful, they have an even greater impact when they are used together! Tune in to hear how Dropbox, Uber, and Salesforce created waves with optimization and innovation.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Difference Between Optimization and Innovation.
- [00:38] A definition of optimization and relevant examples from the marketing world.
- [01:30] Innovation: doing things that are outside the box – like Dropbox!
- [02:09] Think about innovation as disrupting the industry and messing up people’s plans.
- [02:20] A good example of this kind of disruption is what Uber did to the transportation industry.
- [02:39] The exponential growth that happens when you combine optimization with innovation.
- [03:00] The lack of innovation in the marketing tool and SEO world.
- [03:21] How Salesforce changed the landscape of CRM’s with innovation.
- [04:08] Read the optimization versus innovation article by Andy Johns.
- [04:28] That’s it for today!
- [04:29] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....