In episode #1320, we discuss the difference between optimization and innovation. While both of these growth strategies are powerful, they have an even greater impact when they are used together! Tune in to hear how Dropbox, Uber, and Salesforce created waves with optimization and innovation.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Difference Between Optimization and Innovation.
- [00:38] A definition of optimization and relevant examples from the marketing world.
- [01:30] Innovation: doing things that are outside the box – like Dropbox!
- [02:09] Think about innovation as disrupting the industry and messing up people’s plans.
- [02:20] A good example of this kind of disruption is what Uber did to the transportation industry.
- [02:39] The exponential growth that happens when you combine optimization with innovation.
- [03:00] The lack of innovation in the marketing tool and SEO world.
- [03:21] How Salesforce changed the landscape of CRM’s with innovation.
- [04:08] Read the optimization versus innovation article by Andy Johns.
- [04:28] That’s it for today!
- [04:29] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...