In episode #752, Eric and Neil discuss an easy alternative to content marketing. Tune in to hear how you can get great content for free.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Easy Alternative to Content Marketing
- [00:38] Have your users create content for you!
- [00:44] Consulting.com and its proprietor didn’t enjoy content marketing, but he thought it would be a great idea to get users, customers, etc. to created video testimonials for him.
- [01:34] Consulting.com has thousands of video testimonials that ultimately help drive sales and conversions.
- [02:10] Kissmetrics asked everyone who was part a competition they were running to write a piece for the blog.
- [02:28] Because of this, they got 7 blog posts per week for free.
- [03:05] The content was also high-quality.
- [03:15] Yelp and Trip Advisor do so well because they have user-generated content.
- [03:30] Screen the content to make sure it’s quality work.
- [03:45] Listen Notes pulls people’s reviews and notes about podcasts from the web and curates them.
- [04:09] That’s all for today!
- [04:14] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2183, Neil and Eric talk about how to create videos in 60 different languages using AI. Translating your videos into different languages can open your business up to huge new markets, but ...
In episode #2182, Neil and Eric talk about how they would start from scratch today. While a lot of trends in marketing are continually evolving, there will always be a place for good content and engag...
In episode #2181, Neil and Eric talk about Meta’s announcement that Facebook will be undergoing a redesign based on the TikTok platform. Facebook has always excelled at taking what's working for oth...