In episode #582, Eric and Neil explain why you shouldn’t be too patient. Tune in to hear why patience in the short-term will kill your business.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Fact That You’re Not Growing Fast Enough Because of 1 Thing – You’re Too Patient
- [00:36] The moment you’re too satisfied, someone is going to come around and beat you at your own game.
- [00:56] The moment you’re patient in marketing, means you have decided to remain complacent.
- [01:15] Consider your business a fight to the death.
- [01:40] There are two things to consider: short-term, there needs to be urgency; long term, it’s important to be patient with some aspects of your job.
- [02:20] Business takes time, but in the short-term experiment!
- [02:40] Neil always says, “what else could we do to get better results right away?”
- [03:11] Push forward and look for new ways to grow.
- [03:30] Do the tactics that require long-term patience, but consider other marketing avenues at the same time.
- [04:09] Look for people who focus on one aspect of marketing and follow their example in that area.
- [04:40] It’s important to hire specialists, but also have a rhythm or cadence where people can be held accountable.
- [04:56] Read Rocket Fuel, it’s about the concept of having a visionary and integrator on your team.
- [05:11] Also read Traction.
- [05:39] Get the tool 15Five, that checks in with your team each week and helps you keep your finger on the pulse of your company.
- [05:50] Neil does Monday, Wednesday, Friday meetings with progressive goals for each meeting.
- [06:35] He rewards his team for results.
- [06:51] That’s it for today!
- [06:59] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #869, we discuss how books can make you more money. Tune in to hear how a book can increase your sales numbers....
In episode #868, we discuss a tactic that the best marketers use. Tune in to hear what you can do to up your game....
In episode #867, we discuss 7 email marketing hacks that you probably aren’t leveraging. Tune in to hear what tactics you shouldn’t take for granted....