In episode #1380, we talk about the future of blogging as a marketing channel. While blog posts drive a huge percentage of many business’ conversions, competition is steep now and the old strategy of posting widely to gobble keywords no longer works! Tune in to hear how you can differentiate your post using infographics, free tools, and more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Future of Blogging as a Marketing Channel.
- [00:31] How many blog posts are being released currently in the crisis.
- [01:03] The percentage of customers that find you through blogging: above 20%!
- [01:27] Challenges to getting your blog post seen: standing out in the competition.
- [01:35] Why certain bloggers get seen more than others: being in the game for long.
- [02:27] Strategies to stand out in a competitive space as a newbie.
- [02:35] Using the advice in the Experience Spectrum to take an audience on a journey.
- [03:44] The value of creating infographics and tools to make a blog post stand out.
- [04:10] Other strategies: carousels and repurposing content.
- [04:39] Remembering to stay diverse and not just focus on blog posts for traffic.
- [05:29] Different sites that posted widely to gobble keywords that have since died.
- [05:57] That’s it for today!
- [05:58] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1398 we give you seven unique blog post angles that drive a flood of traffic. From creating visualizations of other popular posts to hosting expert interviews and documenting how you solve...
In episode #1397, we talk about seven simple ways to save money on your marketing! Almost everyone is looking to cut costs at the moment and your marketing budget should be no different. Tune in to he...
In episode #1396, we talk about where the good investment opportunities are right now. In the middle of the current pandemic, the only safe action would be putting some money into the stock market, ev...