Episode #1084 is another special edition installment, recorded at our Marketing School Live event in LA.
Tune in to hear Neil discuss the future of digital marketing and what you can do to stay on top.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:54] Today’s Topic: The Future of Digital Marketing According to Neil Patel
- [01:30] When you work with companies of all sizes, you notice trends and patterns in the industry.
- [02:40] I see every single side of marketing.
- [03:20] There are at least a billion blogs on the Internet.
- [03:30] Do we honestly need this many blogs?
- [04:15] All companies are leveraging digital marketing.
- [06:22] We are all worried about another recession.
- [06:32] However, during the last recession, Google’s revenue went up.
- [07:32] Marketing is going omni-channel.
- [07:47] Google has the majority of the revenue, with Facebook a close second.
- [10:06] In general, social shares are declining.
- [10:25] Google doesn’t penalize for duplicate content.
- [12:25] If you don’t keep updating your content, you won’t maintain your rankings.
- [14:11] Conversion rate optimization is not sexy, but it’s effective.
- [14:35] It’s the smallest investment with the biggest ROI.
- [17:09] There are so many tools to use to compare your competitors stats with your own.
- [19:45] Growing traffic used to be a manual process, but can easily be automated using Clickflow.
- [24:05] Uber and Dropbox came in with so much hype, but when they went public, their stocks didn’t do as well.
- [24:40] For visibility and omni-channel marketing, always use the Rule of Seven.
- [27:01] Email and push notifications are still a great way to market.
- [30:00] The more you focus on conversions, the better off you will be.
- [30:14] Conventional CRO tactics won’t work anymore.
- [32:55] Personalized messaging is a great tactic.
- [33:12] Chat is responsible for 28% of Neil’s sales.
- [36:15] Anything you do in marketing and business should be researched and tested.
- [37:12] That’s it for today!
- [37:26] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2183, Neil and Eric talk about how to create videos in 60 different languages using AI. Translating your videos into different languages can open your business up to huge new markets, but ...
In episode #2182, Neil and Eric talk about how they would start from scratch today. While a lot of trends in marketing are continually evolving, there will always be a place for good content and engag...
In episode #2181, Neil and Eric talk about Meta’s announcement that Facebook will be undergoing a redesign based on the TikTok platform. Facebook has always excelled at taking what's working for oth...