In episode #672, Eric and Neil gush about HubSpot’s stellar marketing. Tune in to hear how you can be more successful like HubSpot.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Genius of HubSpot’s Marketing
- [00:35] HubSpot is a CRM and they are a large, publicly traded company who coined the term “inbound marketing”.
- [01:00] HubSpot’s marketing is so good, because they aggressively use content marketing; they looked at the data and saw what moved the needle.
- [01:20] They check what ranks for their competitors and copies that topic/style.
- [01:45] HubSpot also hires the best.
- [01:57] In order to maximize their content marketing, they have two full-time employees who repurpose all their content.
- [02:08] They call them ’historical content managers”.
- [02:20] HubSpot also finds ways to offer free tools that are similar to successful paid versions.
- [02:30] They are ruthless.
- [02:52] Website Grader was a great resource and helped HubSpot get backlinks and traction.
- [03:20] They have created a large community by creating a conference series. Their own users throw HubSpot conferences around the world.
- [03:45] David Cancel says one of the biggest winners was creating the agency partner program.
- [04:05] They love creating symbiotic relationships.
- [04:36] HubSpot is getting 70% open rates using Facebook Messenger.
- [04:43] When they did this, chatbots were new.
- [05:00] Sales rep’s close ratios are the same from free tools as the ratios for content.
- [05:20] That’s all for today!
- [05:41] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1052, we discuss whether you should put ads on your site. Tune in to hear what we think about this tactic....
In episode #1051, we discuss how you can rank higher than Wikipedia. Tune in to hear how you can be one of the top-ranking search results....