In episode #672, Eric and Neil gush about HubSpot’s stellar marketing. Tune in to hear how you can be more successful like HubSpot.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Genius of HubSpot’s Marketing
- [00:35] HubSpot is a CRM and they are a large, publicly traded company who coined the term “inbound marketing”.
- [01:00] HubSpot’s marketing is so good, because they aggressively use content marketing; they looked at the data and saw what moved the needle.
- [01:20] They check what ranks for their competitors and copies that topic/style.
- [01:45] HubSpot also hires the best.
- [01:57] In order to maximize their content marketing, they have two full-time employees who repurpose all their content.
- [02:08] They call them ’historical content managers”.
- [02:20] HubSpot also finds ways to offer free tools that are similar to successful paid versions.
- [02:30] They are ruthless.
- [02:52] Website Grader was a great resource and helped HubSpot get backlinks and traction.
- [03:20] They have created a large community by creating a conference series. Their own users throw HubSpot conferences around the world.
- [03:45] David Cancel says one of the biggest winners was creating the agency partner program.
- [04:05] They love creating symbiotic relationships.
- [04:36] HubSpot is getting 70% open rates using Facebook Messenger.
- [04:43] When they did this, chatbots were new.
- [05:00] Sales rep’s close ratios are the same from free tools as the ratios for content.
- [05:20] That’s all for today!
- [05:41] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1201, we talk about how Eric Siu gets ahead of his competitors! From attending events and going to bed early, Eric has a bunch of helpful tips and possible jumpstarts for you and your busi...
In episode #1200, we talk about how Neil Patel gets ahead of his competitors! From working in the holidays, allowing small amounts of downtime, and mapping out partnerships, Neil has some great strate...
In episode #1199, we talk about a few books that can help you and your brand in 2020! We share some choices that deal with customers, coaching, ambition and more, while also considering the benefits o...