In episode 696, Eric and Neil discuss why Google and Facebook aren’t your only options. Tune in to figure out where else you can market yourself.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Internet Doesn’t Start and Stop With Facebook and Google
- [00:35] Facebook and Google are the two largest platforms out there.
- [01:05] There are still so many different advertising platforms you can use besides the top two.
- [01:20] Figure out where your audience is hanging out.
- [01:25] In general, you will make more money from Facebook and Google AdWords, because they scale more quickly.
- [01:35] However, other avenues can be nearly as successful.
- [01:46] The people who are doing the best right now, have teams who are reaching out to different outlets and working out custom partnerships.
- [02:00] These teams are cutting out the middle-man.
- [02:24] People are still using direct mail and it still works for certain targets.
- [03:13] Figure out who your audience is and how they would like to be targeted.
- [03:35] Pay-per-click ad costs go down when you simultaneously run ads on other outlets.
- [04:05] You need to keep your brand top-of-mind.
- [04:15] A midwestern businessman runs a billboard ad for a few months per year and it increases his business.
- [04:40] No one wants to do billboards anymore, but they still work!
- [05:00] Zappos advertised on the bins at airport security and it was genius.
- [05:07] That’s all for today!
- [05:11] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...