In episode 696, Eric and Neil discuss why Google and Facebook aren’t your only options. Tune in to figure out where else you can market yourself.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Internet Doesn’t Start and Stop With Facebook and Google
- [00:35] Facebook and Google are the two largest platforms out there.
- [01:05] There are still so many different advertising platforms you can use besides the top two.
- [01:20] Figure out where your audience is hanging out.
- [01:25] In general, you will make more money from Facebook and Google AdWords, because they scale more quickly.
- [01:35] However, other avenues can be nearly as successful.
- [01:46] The people who are doing the best right now, have teams who are reaching out to different outlets and working out custom partnerships.
- [02:00] These teams are cutting out the middle-man.
- [02:24] People are still using direct mail and it still works for certain targets.
- [03:13] Figure out who your audience is and how they would like to be targeted.
- [03:35] Pay-per-click ad costs go down when you simultaneously run ads on other outlets.
- [04:05] You need to keep your brand top-of-mind.
- [04:15] A midwestern businessman runs a billboard ad for a few months per year and it increases his business.
- [04:40] No one wants to do billboards anymore, but they still work!
- [05:00] Zappos advertised on the bins at airport security and it was genius.
- [05:07] That’s all for today!
- [05:11] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...