In episode 696, Eric and Neil discuss why Google and Facebook aren’t your only options. Tune in to figure out where else you can market yourself.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Internet Doesn’t Start and Stop With Facebook and Google
- [00:35] Facebook and Google are the two largest platforms out there.
- [01:05] There are still so many different advertising platforms you can use besides the top two.
- [01:20] Figure out where your audience is hanging out.
- [01:25] In general, you will make more money from Facebook and Google AdWords, because they scale more quickly.
- [01:35] However, other avenues can be nearly as successful.
- [01:46] The people who are doing the best right now, have teams who are reaching out to different outlets and working out custom partnerships.
- [02:00] These teams are cutting out the middle-man.
- [02:24] People are still using direct mail and it still works for certain targets.
- [03:13] Figure out who your audience is and how they would like to be targeted.
- [03:35] Pay-per-click ad costs go down when you simultaneously run ads on other outlets.
- [04:05] You need to keep your brand top-of-mind.
- [04:15] A midwestern businessman runs a billboard ad for a few months per year and it increases his business.
- [04:40] No one wants to do billboards anymore, but they still work!
- [05:00] Zappos advertised on the bins at airport security and it was genius.
- [05:07] That’s all for today!
- [05:11] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2563, we are exploring how podcasts expand drastically. Tuning in, you’ll hear about how many people listen to podcasts every week in the US, creators who have successful podcasts, why t...
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...