In episode #659, Eric and Neil discuss how you can be an introvert and still network effectively. Tune in to hear how you can overcome shyness and build connections.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Introverts Guide to Networking
- [00:48] Eric is an introvert, so networking was a struggle.
- [01:18] Eric and his friend had no idea what to do at their first event. Then they realized that other people were just as introverted.
- [01:40] At future events, they just introduced themselves to anyone in the room they wanted to speak with. It was a simple opening to future connections.
- [02:08] Storytelling is an important way to connect with others.
- [02:15] When people feel that they know and understand you, they will connect with you.
- [02:40] When people feel a commonality, they are more likely to work and connect with you.
- [03:00] Don’t force connections, just find truths and similarities that can facilitate a bond.
- [03:35] Don’t be the person just throwing their business cards at every single person.
- [03:55] Start with building ONE strong relationship.
- [04:20] You can throw dinners for like-minded people (Mastermind Dinners).
- [05:01] It’s not how many people you meet, but the quality of the connections.
- [05:15] Drinking isn’t necessary, but it loosens people up.
- [05:32] Once you’re used to networking, try to have real conversations with people. Go deeper.
- [06:08] That’s it for today!
- [06:12] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....