In episode #659, Eric and Neil discuss how you can be an introvert and still network effectively. Tune in to hear how you can overcome shyness and build connections.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Introverts Guide to Networking
- [00:48] Eric is an introvert, so networking was a struggle.
- [01:18] Eric and his friend had no idea what to do at their first event. Then they realized that other people were just as introverted.
- [01:40] At future events, they just introduced themselves to anyone in the room they wanted to speak with. It was a simple opening to future connections.
- [02:08] Storytelling is an important way to connect with others.
- [02:15] When people feel that they know and understand you, they will connect with you.
- [02:40] When people feel a commonality, they are more likely to work and connect with you.
- [03:00] Don’t force connections, just find truths and similarities that can facilitate a bond.
- [03:35] Don’t be the person just throwing their business cards at every single person.
- [03:55] Start with building ONE strong relationship.
- [04:20] You can throw dinners for like-minded people (Mastermind Dinners).
- [05:01] It’s not how many people you meet, but the quality of the connections.
- [05:15] Drinking isn’t necessary, but it loosens people up.
- [05:32] Once you’re used to networking, try to have real conversations with people. Go deeper.
- [06:08] That’s it for today!
- [06:12] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...